• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Screenshots

Level 11
Yes, I said, after DW has been released I gonna share some models with the community. Nostly Doodads. Cause the Unit models are special made for DW and won't be really usuable in other maps due to their size and many animations that work with the systems in DW.

Just to keep you interested, what so you think about this lovely guy?

But be careful, maybe hes gonna bite you!!11

And yes, he'll be able to fly ingame :wink:

Level 11
Yes, he is a special character in the game. And you will either hate or love him :wink:, depends on your way you choose to play.

Nice idea with that kind of aura. Maybe similar to the T4 helmet of the warlock set in WoW. that item adds kind vortex behind the wearers head. I will try something.

Level 17
If you do not know what the "T4 Helmet of the warlock set in wow" is it is this:
voidheart-tier4.jpg

Thyrael, i like how you get inspired by wow items hehe, some people just dont understand that wow is a good game.. And even worse when people complain about items looking just stupid.

I think it will look great if you manage to make a aurea like that vortex :p

If the vortex does not turn out good, you could always try to make something based on the auras/ki from Tekken 5, it could turn out nice if you do it right.
I cant seem to find any good images of it..

Level 11
Thanks for the picture. The effect of the bloodfang(my favorite set) rogue T2 set shoulderpads would be nice as well. That item emits some kind of black smoke or gas.

Level 11
My last exam this semester will be done this monday. Nevertheless somehow I found freetime to continue working on the demomap :eekani: Here are some impressions of the imperial district. You'll see a complete new set of houses etc. Doors can be opened/closed by your hero and the houses are completly enterable. Image how it will look after the interior has been added :thumbs_up:

*Faints* This is the best thing i ever saw in the whole wc3. I love every single one of your systems and the models are absolutely astonishing! It made me think of Oblivion/WoW/Gothic. Really nice job. I was wondering "this seems to be a big OPRG with in-door environment and large doodads", how are you possibly going to fit everything in a Wc3 map? sorry if I'm mistaken or didn't read the information but is it a campaigning possibly? and I've read somewhere in the thread your going to make a Multiplayer game for this OPRG. Is that true? if so, how are you going to put everything in the map without going above 8mb and making it similar to the campaigning?

Level 9
*Faints* This is the best thing i ever saw in the whole wc3. I love every single one of your systems and the models are absolutely astonishing! It made me think of Oblivion/WoW/Gothic. Really nice job. I was wondering "this seems to be a big OPRG with in-door environment and large doodads", how are you possibly going to fit everything in a Wc3 map? sorry if I'm mistaken or didn't read the information but is it a campaigning possibly? and I've read somewhere in the thread your going to make a Multiplayer game for this OPRG. Is that true? if so, how are you going to put everything in the map without going above 8mb and making it similar to the campaigning?

8mb is pretty much in WC3, if compressing the models and textures just a bit, everything in this mod should fit just well. Things normally filling out games are not the models and textures, but rather the music/sounds & videos..

Level 11

First at all, thanks fir the kind words :thumbs_up: But I have to point out that you missread/understood something. This won't be an ORPG. The first released version will be a single player RPG. With different maps you can travel to and back again, similar like the bonus orc campaign. It will come in a campaign, but not in a linear one. Thats the reason why I'm not limited to the 8mb.

There won't be a MP version of this for long time. For sure not before the SP is ready/complete.

Level 20
I wouldnt say so HIUDE, i believe he is using a code and lots of rects or something with the destructibles that hides and shows the pathable ones for each floor, and free time? he spent like 5 months, its pretty awesome for that time, quality takes time.

Im posting this as a positive message that u dont have free time, well maybe abit :p, and that its awesome, do u know how long those buidings took u too model? :D

EDIT: If u manage this in wc3, god knows how much u can do in starcraft 2 :eek:

Level 13
Guy, you rock! Never seen better systems, i mean GUI, Much things added to screen, i have feel that i play WoW, not a just stupid RPG map. High Quality Models, Spells,Systems... (Just bad point, it's just for single player), But it's gonna rock... +Rep gived and... You're guy with much skills, vJass,moding,modeling,maping,texturing... :thumbs_up:
Can't wait to check demo. When it is gonna be realised?
Edit: Is here gonna be backpack? or something for gold(Money :p)...

Level 11
I managed to get the shopsystem to work. That means players will now be able to buy/sell items from/to npcs.

Further I added an animated castbar that shows the progress of your casting.

Greetings
Thy

Level 11
New UI layout

I'm proud to present the new UI layout to you. As you can see I moved the Hero and TargetHUD down to the UI. Further I plugged the expbar right over the actionbarbuttons. And the beltbar for consumables like potions etc. is now located on top of the expbar. The beltbar will only be visible, when having at least 1 consumable item in your belt. Same for the targetHUD in the bottom right. It will only be shown, when you have a target selected.

Greetings
Thy

Level 11
Partymember HUDs and grafical selector added

I added a partymemberHUD for each of your partymembers. By left click on that HUD you select the specific hero, while a right click will order your hero to move to/follow him. I also added a grafical selector system, when ever you select a target. The colors depends on the behaviour of your target. And I added the first NPC overhead icons, in this case general merchant.

Further I also was able to increase the performance in MP that much, that you can expect a FPS rate by 50+, in most cases even 64. This was allready tested in some MP games, by me and my betatesters.

Don't wonder why you can't see much terrain in the screenshot. That's because I'm right now working in a Script Test map without much terrain, for faster saving/loading/testing. In the old map, loading/saving took like 45 seconds every time. Now that time is around 5-10 seconds.

Greetings
Thy

Level 3
OMG, this will be great!

But low spec computers probably wont be able to play right?

Level 11
OMG, this will be great!

But low spec computers probably wont be able to play right?

First @ all, thanks that you like it.

I doubt there will be any problems when playing on a uptodate machine. To be honest playing on a XP or at least in xp compatibitly mode will run best. Further there are some techniques to tweak your wc3 registry to increase your FPS. Those information will be found in game as a kind of support.

Greetings
Thy

Level 11
Rollsystem added

I'm very glad to tell you, that I managed to realize a roll system for higher quality items. This system will allow all players to either roll a dice for the dropped item or disclaim and pass for it. The winner will be able to loot it. If all player disclaim, everybody is allowed to pick it up. A click on the icon will bring up the item tooltip. The remaining time is shown by an animated progressbar.

It is allready tested in multiplayer. But I still have to catch some special cases like having a player disconnecting during the roll phase etc.

Greetings
Thy

Level 11
All those Frames, Buttons and bars are based on DGUI by Ashujon who gave permission to edit and improve his script. I edited a lot and added even more, but basicly DGUI adjusts units to a virtual cam, not the WC3 standard cam objects, by calculating 3d vectors.

Level 11
First when i encountered heavy FPS drops, I thought DGUI was the reason for that. so I started to optimize everything possible on that systems. That gave an overall increase of like 10 FPS. But than I was able to locate the real reason. It was the LOSC (LineOfSightCheck) that caused that FPS drop. Cause with the current multiplayer cam the LOSC isn't needed anymore, I disabled it. And since this very moment I have all through the game 60+fps, so do the people I tested with.

Greetings
Thy

Level 11
Some new doodads

To show that DW is still alive(again after I finished my exams) I'll upload some screenies of new doodads I'm working on. The pics are in chronological order. Those terrain is part of a doodad testmap, so not final at all.

Thy

Last edited:
Level 11
Working on the first Terrainmap for DW

I moved on to the first real DW map. Here are some WIPs what to expect.

I try to create a rainy depressiv feeling. Chech out the rain effects on water and ground.

The shown content is still WIP. Changes may happen.

Thy

Last edited: