• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Project Discussions

Level 4
The private beta has been already started and the offical closed beta will start in the next days so I think you can expect the release in two weeks.

It's already May and it's not yet released
I was wondering if this project is still on going or not.....
I'm not rushing you though I just want some updates like pics or something

Level 14
It's already May and it's not yet released
I was wondering if this project is still on going or not.....
I'm not rushing you though I just want some updates like pics or something

Hello, Its glad to hear that a person exist who don't think the project will never finished +rep... maybe its about time to release new stuff and information:

I finally was able to finish everything... currently I'm testing it private the last time and then I will release the first version sadly without the new animation set from our animator pkw because it seems he is currently more than busy or just inactive maybe if he will come online again I will update paranoia with the new animation set but for now the current ones must be enough :eek:. All in all I decide to give up the closed beta start thing and just release it to everyone which you could call a open beta. One of the reasons why I'm doing this is because of the giant delay of the release date. (Sorry I was to busy with my real life) I really hope the closed beta testers will forgive me who have never seen the closed beta version. :( But now you will able to play it with everyone who want to play it and not just with other closed beta testers if you want to see it in a positive way. Here some new screenshots I just replaced the new ones with the old ones maybe 2 or 3 other screenshots I will add tomorrow. Maybe you can expect the release tomorrow too if the private testing will be successful enough. Maybe you like to hear that I have increased the count of items a little bit from 10 to about 28 which you can unlock with the help of the save and load system. :) Btw. you followers should really check out really interesting projects like Requiem http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/map-development-202/requiem-192294/ or Darkwind Rpg http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/darkwind-rpg-heros-tale-637/ which I currently follow.

WarCraft_3_Paranoia_Preview.png

Screenshot_Preview_1.png

Screenshot_Preview_2.png

Screenshot_Preview_3.png

Screenshot_Preview_4.png

Screenshot_Preview_5.png

Screenshot_Preview_6.png

Screenshot_Preview_7.png

Level 4
It's nice to know ur releasing this tomorrow :goblin_good_job:
and now, Im pretty much sure excited about this :grin:
it's also nice that ur still updating the map
Take ur time though, all of us have real life issue to deal with

btw those pic looks awesome, I CAN'T WAIT TO PLAY IT! :goblin_yeah:

Level 7
That's great, to be honest I think a closed beta testing date was not really neccesary. You have been working on this map for 2 years or more, thus I believe that any bugs we find would be minor - I would assume just a few spelling or grammar mistakes.

Congratulations for finishing this project at long last!

Level 4
Congratulations for finishing this project at long last!

Well the project isn't finished yet though it's been released for open beta so there might be some bugs and some stuff not yet implemented

EDIT: So is the AI already implemented? If so how do they work? do they follow you and picks weapons and stuffs? Uses skills? or they just follow you through out the game???? Just asking so I could test this in SP since I don't have many friends to play with this (The only map they love is DOTA crap)

Last edited:
Level 14
@ frostloh: Yeah after I have give it up more than 10 times it is just now almost 2 years later sadly. Its glad to see some people still follow this project and I just hope my casual mini game shooting map will funny enough for you guys. :)

@ Nova42: Sure the AI works. Your AI team mates will able to throw grenades, crouch, heal, shoot, reload, turn on and off their flashlight and follow. But if you looking for people which should be makes a little bit more fun to play with real people I'm up and maybe some other people too... our teamspeak server is already online and able to use. I think I will create a social group too soon for interested paranoia players.

Level 14
A countdown timer to release would be nice :p

Good idea. ^^ I will see what I can do but currently I'm a little bit busy with testing and a little teaser video which I hope I can finish today too. Btw. I was able to add lists of every equipment and weapon item which are currently avaible in 1.0. You can find them under information thread and here too. Btw. its would be great if every signature or avatar supporter could get the latest version from here:

Signature:

Use our offical Warcraft III Paranoia signature in order to support this project.
HTML:
[URL=http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/map-development-202/warcraft-iii-paranoia-181776/][IMG]http://62.141.37.29/a_21_49ad1546.gif[/IMG][/URL]

a_9_c9b0b2bf.png
a_17_e25297db.png
a_20_352fd63b.png
a_10_625e7cb3.png
a_11_838496a7.png
a_19_b087c889.png

a_12_35d18594.png
a_13_881e9a5c.png
a_14_227e7f41.png
a_15_afc9ed84.png
a_18_b07de288.png
a_16_ed697c15.png

-AK-74M
-AKS-74
-Combat Knife
-Double Barrel Shotgun
-Glock 17
-Groza
-M32
-Nightstick
-RPG-7
-RPK-74
-Revolver ME 38
-SPAS-12
-Sledge Hammer
-Stechkin APS
-VAL

-Adrenaline Syringe
-Ammo Bag
-Ballistic face shield
-Bomber face shield
-Combat Gasmask
-Commando Beret
-Composite Compound 4
-First aid kit
-Gasmask
-Grenade
-Laserpointer Attachment
-Painkiller
-Tactical Helmet

Level 4
@ Nova42: But if you looking for people which should be makes a little bit more fun to play with real people I'm up and maybe some other people too... our teamspeak server is already online and able to use. I think I will create a social group too soon for interested paranoia players.

The problem is I can't play Bnet anymore, I've even forgotten my old Bnet account, wish I had it again due to broken disc and reformatted pc about 5 times.
However though I can still play this by DLing a crappy cracked version of WC III but still the only reason I used it because I still wanted to continue playing WC with my friends and people on Garena

Now the only server I can play with is within SEA Garena server

(P.S. I'm an Asian :ogre_datass:)

BTW, can you post the enemies or zombies we would encounter in the game?
That way we wouldn't be surprised with their elite h4x abilities

Level 14
The problem is I can't play Bnet anymore, I've even forgotten my old Bnet account, wish I had it again due to broken disc and reformatted pc about 5 times.
However though I can still play this by DLing a crappy cracked version of WC III but still the only reason I used it because I still wanted to continue playing WC with my friends and people on Garena

Now the only server I can play with is within SEA Garena server

(P.S. I'm an Asian :ogre_datass:)

BTW, can you post the enemies or zombies we would encounter in the game?
That way we wouldn't be surprised with their elite h4x abilities

I know this problem the same have my brother he is the reason why I'm playing at garena too so both battle.net and garena. To the enemies you can trust me you will not see any h4x abilities. Paranoia is in my mind really noob friendly. But I have created other difficultys for players who want it almost impossible.

Level 5
Yeah, it's noob friendly anyway, but they have some special abilities to make it harder hehe, but not hax0r like.

But maybe we add an atomic bomb, that throws an random zombie at the end and kills all players before they can save their char or what do you think about it Grievous1? mwhahaha!^^

By the way, we've added a voice-communicating system, that's like the one in the Counter-Strike series, but we don't use a menu, we use HOTKEYS.

Btw. Nova42, do you have the CD-Keys anyway? then download it from Blizzard Store and create a new Battle.Net 1.0 account :)

Level 4
Well the disc was very, very old and was buried deep in our storage xD

Well I never found it anymore, my mom already threw it away so I'm gonna stick to Garena for a while till I got money to buy it again or I'm just gonna buy SC II

Holy crap voice speaking hotkeys?!

Now we're talking xD

Level 5
i think you misunderstood it^^
it's just like "Let's Go!" "Cover me!", "Positive/Negative" or "Fire in the hole!"
you can't use you microphone sry, but we've a teamspeak³ server, you can use it for paranoia :)

Level 4
Well this is gonna be one hell of a map :goblin_yeah:

it's already midnight in my home :goblin_wtf:

I need to rest although after I wake up, I will just open my laptop then check this one first if it's already released or not since I'm soooo excited :goblin_good_job:

Level 14
Finally I was able to finish a new system which allows reading books in order to get information about the background story. Now we will do some other rounds of private testing... after them we will throw the first version out to the public. :)

Level 7
I woke up but a little drowsy from sleeping too late, will take a morning stroll for about 2-3 hours.

Level 14
Grievous said that this will be available for private test for now(for close beta-testers) but soon will be available for public.

Nah like I already said I give up the closed beta for the open beta. You can see the private tests as developer tests. Sadly the release has a little bit delayed because of a unexpected bug with the save and load system but I have good news too... I still want a release today and I was able to add a new enemy type and a new shotgun weapon called AA-12. Currently I just optimizing and waiting for modox in order we can solve this save and load code problem soon as possible. I want to thank you followers like always.

Level 28
Nah like I already said I give up the closed beta for the open beta. You can see the private tests as developer tests. Sadly the release has a little bit delayed because of a unexpected bug with the save and load system but I have good news too... I still want a release today and I was able to add a new enemy type and a new shotgun weapon called AA-12. Currently I just optimizing and waiting for modox in order we can solve this save and load code problem soon as possible. I want to thank you followers like always.

Glad to hear that you're pushing the release today, but as a supporter of this I suggest to delay it a bit and polish the game.

And if someone is annoyed on what I said, then you're not a real supporter :psmile:

Level 14
Glad to hear that you're pushing the release today, but as a supporter of this I suggest to delay it a bit and polish the game.

And if someone is annoyed on what I said, then you're not a real supporter :psmile:

A good point we are currently polish it a little bit btw. I was able to create a little list about what you can expect in the future versions. Maybe one or two things of it we will add in the current version in the next hours.

-Animation improvements
-New Enemy Type "Diversants"
-New Weapon "MP-5"
-3D Sounds (More than one sound channel)
-Change of the ingame soundtrack channel from sound to music in order make it able to turn off the tracks.

Level 7
Will the first version be released in the next two hours? Just asking because I'm probably going to sleep again after 2 hours ( 1 a.m. by then ) xD

Level 14
Will the first version be released in the next two hours? Just asking because I'm probably going to sleep again after 2 hours ( 1 a.m. by then ) xD

Hard to say the save and load code has still a little bug you are currently not able to load your special equipment items (slot 4 items) and I'm just thinking to replace the current sounds with 3d sounds. Maybe it will be takes a little bit more than 2 hours maybe lesser I just don't know it. :O

Great that the map is getting updated every hour :psmile: I can really imagine how professional this map will be.

I don't know if this map will be professional but you can trust me I currently do everything to improve it. Anyway because of the updates the latest screenshots are already almost outdated again. :(

Level 4
The real supporters could wait, since they are expecting the map to be good and great. Although I could wait, it seems it has been days since you said ur gonna release it :goblin_jawdrop: but still I'd like to wait till you got this map perfect :thumbs_up:

Level 2
nah , can u release a lite version , i dont mind save load sys , i get used to it since playing swat aftermath

Level 4
nah , can u release a lite version , i dont mind save load sys , i get used to it since playing swat aftermath

EDIT: weird I dunno why u don't like save versions....

They will release it soon, today or tomorrow :goblin_yeah: if we're lucky... if we're not...
it will be released after next weeks... :goblin_cry:

Last edited:
Level 5
stop spam please :)

we don't release a lite version with some bugs lol, we want to make it nearly perfect.

yeah, i think, we can release it today!
the save/load bug is fixed nao.

the coding issues are done, but maybe we add more features? i don't know, i'm waiting for Grievous1 now, for talking about the current situation.

General Grievous1, Status Report?

Level 4
yay, it's almost DONE!!

I think you should release it now, then add more features while you update the version.... or just put it all now...

Well it's you're choice.... you guys are the developers anyway

Hope this is a great game :)

Level 14

Hello maybe you see the save and load system not important enough in paranoia you will not able to use every weapon and item from the begining you need a higher level in order wear some of them and you will not able to win with a level 1 character at difficultys like hard.

Level 7
Great, since it's near release I'll check in every hour, more or less according to my workload for the day.

Level 4
Well it depends...... if they want to add more features then it gonna take some more time.

I hope it release today :goblin_good_job:

Level 14
Currently I start to make some experiments with the replacement of the normal sounds to 3d sounds and then I think we will fixx the last two noticed bugs and make it release ready. I already created my personal character:

My%20Character.png