• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Role Playing Game] Beyond Darkness: The Shadows

Status
Not open for further replies.
OUT NOW

178091-albums2336-picture58375.png

Beyond Darkness: The Shadows is a single player role playing game, focusing on fast paced action.
Featuring different background systems, the player is immersed into a challenging world, yet rewarding and brutal.
BY:TS is the sequel to The Awakening, building a bridge from your victory in the original map to a new awakening of the enemy, immersing you in an unforgettable and repeatable experience.

Download

[4.0] • Alpha Test Version • [4.0]

(Version without music [20MB smaller]: Link)

Project's Goals:

•Challenging Foes•
The map is divided in different scenario areas, which means other areas will be locked when you enter a certain scenario. Each mission features multiple bosses and different waves with always different units, making the game always harder as you level up. The amount of enemies scales with your hero's level.
•Satisfying Combat•
Each hero will be completely distinct, featuring his own different sets of spells with different roles. Artesia, a powerful sorceress, has multiple sets of spells, being able to switch between 4 spells at any given time to open up a wide variety of strategies.
•Gratifying Item Sets•
Each class has its own item sets, granting them bonuses for their specific strengths and granting them different abilities. Some of the items also have model attachments, making the hero look amazing.
178091-albums2336-picture55647.png

Arcane
icons_3298_btn.jpg

(Q) Arcane Missile
Conjures an arcane bolt which will hit random nearby enemy units.
Level 1 - 1 Target - 150 Damage
Level 2 - 5 Targets - 250 Damage
Level 3 - 10 Targets - 350 Damage
icons_3582_btn.jpg

(W) Dance of Death
Artesia starts channeling, healing herself over time and launching arcane bolts towards nearby enemy units.
Level 1 - 150 Damage / 200 Healing
Level 2 - 250 Damage / 400 Healing
Level 3 - 350 Damage / 600 Healing
icons_5389_pas.jpg

(E) Arcane Bolts
Artesia will launch an arcane missile at an attacking unit, however there's only a 60% chance.
Level 1 - 150 Damage
Level 2 - 250 Damage
Level 3 - 350 Damage
icons_13932_btn.jpg

(R) Power Rage
Artesia overcharges, letting out bolts of lightning towards enemy units, while increasing her Mana and Health Regeneration dramatically and increasing her Attack Damage. The more nearby friendly units, the more damage is dealt. Damage Bonus - 100%
HP Regeneration - 10%
Mana Regeneration - 500%
Damage - 350 +[Nearby Friendly Units x 2]
Fire
icons_10356_btn.jpg

(Q) Cauterize
Artesia shoots her fiery lightning at a target, dealing damage to enemy units close it and healing friendly units.
Level 1 - 150 Damage Dealt/Healed
Level 2 - 250 Damage Dealt/Healed
Level 3 - 350 Damage Dealt/Healed
icons_14614_btn.jpg

(W) Fiery Field
Artesia creates fields of fire at the position of nearby enemy units for 3 seconds, dealing damage to units in the fields.
Level 1 - 300 Damage
Level 2 - 450 Damage
Level 3 - 600 Damage
icons_9009_btn.jpg

(E) Power Swap
Artesia swaps her AOE spells with single-target spells for 10 seconds.
Level 1 - 20s Cooldown
Level 2 - 15s Cooldown
Level 3 - 10s Cooldown
icons_10915_btn.jpg

(R) Final Hit
Artesia uses her maximum energy, dealing an immense amount of damage to an enemy unit.
Damage - 250 + [Max MP Amount/2]
Features
• Fast Paced Action •
• Challenging and Scaling Difficulty •
• Different Unique and Distinct Classes •
• Different Item Sets for each Class •
• Different Background Systems improving the Gameplay •
• Multiple Bosses •
• Custom Spells •
• Custom Soundtracks •
• Replayability •

attachment.php

Normal
icons_5587_btn.jpg

(Q) Shadow Strike
Daedrius uses his shadow arts to find a weakness in his opponent, dealing extremely high damage and restoring some of Daedrius' health.
icons_5590_pas.jpg

(W) Dark Blade
Daedrius embraces the dark powers of the universe, increasing his critical chance and healing him for every nearby corpse.
icons_5541_btn.jpg

(E) Phantom Bolt
Daedrius fires a large bolt with 2 smaller ones attached to it towards the target location, damaging the first enemy unit that comes into contact with it. The 2 smaller ones will circle around until they hit someone.
icons_13162_btn.jpg

(R) Omnislash
Daedrius lets out his inner rage, slashing 20 targets close to the target unit, dealing 150 damage.
Demon
icons_14202_btn.jpg

(Q) Sinister Blast
The sins of the target fly out of its body, flying into the air, powering themselves and finally going back into the target, dealing 100 damage per sin.
icons_11247_btn.jpg

(W) Dark Beam
Daedrius channels 2 beams of dark energy, damaging enemy units at the target location.
icons_14560_btn.jpg

(E) Dark Transformation
Daedrius marks the target and transfers dark powers into it, transforming it into a dark minion of Hell. Also deals [500+INT]damage to enemy units close to the target.
icons_11544_btn.jpg

(R) Dark Grapple
Daedrius lifts the enemy units at the targeted point using Mind Levitation and after some time, smashes them back on the ground, dealing damage.
Download

[4.0] • Alpha Test Version • [4.0]

(Version without music: Link)

Last Note & Advertisement & Support

Leave a comment with suggestions or test the map or support and advertise it and you shall get special in-game item codes along with special credits. (and of course rep)

If you would like to support the map on the site and around the web, then simply put this image in your signature!
178091-albums2336-picture56114.png

PHP:
[URL="http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/map-development-202/rpg-beyond-darkness-shadows-211708/#post2099470"][IMG]http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/members/178091-albums2336-picture56114.png[/IMG][/URL]

Changelog:

178091-albums2336-picture58374.png

Date: 26/05/2012

New:

• Scenario 3 Part 2 introduced! (When declining the wisps' help)
  • AI System implemented for Daedrius and Artesia!
  • Introduced randomized events! (Currently only 2)
  • New sound effects!

Balancing/Other:

• Fixed Daedrius' Sinistar Blast.
  • Fixed Arutha AI Control.
  • Updated Shadow Strike's tooltip to say its Vortex requirement. (1 Vortex charge required)
  • Updated Omnislash's tooltip to say its Vortex requirement. (2 Vortex charges required)
  • Fixed Dark Blade's tooltip.
  • Daedrius can now attack AIR units.
  • Removed a few typos.
  • Daedrius' Demon Form now lasts for 3600. (previously 30s)
  • The transition from Daedrius' Normal Stance to Demon Stance is now faster by 0.25s.
  • Phantom Bolt now deals 600/750/900 damage. (previously 350/600/750)
  • Sinister Blast now deals 200 damage per sin. (previously 100)
  • Fixed Mask of Disguise's tooltip.
  • Omnislash now only slashes 10 targets. (previously 20)
  • Each Omnislash slash now deals 500 damage. (previously 150)
  • Changed the icon of the credits quests.
  • Fixed the Mini-Boss Fire Elemental's Shattered Universe. (Meteor)
  • Fixed a critical bug.

(Not logged in? Use this link to download the map!)
(Version without music in pastebin [20MB smaller]: Link

attachment.php

Date: 13/05/2012

The first person to be able to fix Daedrius' Demon Spell "Sinister Blast" will get an exclusive item and rep.

New:

• 3 different gem models have been implemented. (Items with stats = Ruby / Consumables = Topaz / Items with abilities = Diamond)
  • Novice Set for Daedrius added. (Given as reward after scenario 1)
  • New attachment model for Horned Skull.
  • New Mana Potion. (Artesia)
  • New Healing Banner at the starting location.

(Version without music in pastebin [20MB smaller]: Link

attachment.php

Date: 12/05/2012

The first person to be able to fix Daedrius' Demon Spell "Sinister Blast" will get an exclusive item and rep.

New:

• Second Class "Rogue Daedrius" introduced!
  • Item Starter Set for Daedrius added!
  • Scenario 3 opened! 4 Mini-Bosses available. (Warning: Do not deny the wisps' help, that section has not been created yet)
  • New Death Effects.
Balancing/Other:
  • Fixed the dummy icons showing up as idle workers.
  • Fixed spell leveling at level 10
  • Removed intro cinematic. (It caused a non fixable bug)

178091-albums2336-picture56152.png

Date: 20/02/2012

New:

• Item Starter Set for Arutha added!
Balancing/Other:
  • Fixed one of Dark Master's spells not working properly and rendering him invulnerable
  • Fixed a bug giving the player control over Arutha even though he had refused to control him
  • Spell Holy Aura now grants everyone 10 Armor Points (previously 25)
  • Fixed a critical bug: Spells now properly level up at level 3/6/10
  • Barrier Ward's HP reduced to 6500 (previously 9000)
  • Artesia's Arcane Spells now deal 250/350/500 damage (previously 150/250/350)
  • AI Arutha now uses Holy Bolt more frequently
  • Arutha's starting intelligence upped to 20 (previously 15)
  • Scenario 1: Enemy unit count limit raised to 15+(Level of Hero) (previously 10)
  • Spell Fiery Field's Damage raised to 500/600/700 (previously 400/500/600)

178091-albums2336-picture56142.png

New:

• Scenario 2 Introduced! Defeat the rest of the Guardians and Wards in order to open the Gate!
  • AI Player Arutha Implemented! Bearing holy powers, he can both support his ally and bolt down the enemy forces!
  • Option Implemented: At one point you will be able to control Arutha [AI] temporarily!
Balancing/Other:
  • Item Health Potion stacking limit lifted to 50 (previously 25)
  • Item Shield Generator now grants you 10 Armor points (previously granted spell Mana Shield)
  • Spell Arcane Bolts' tooltip updated to indicate a 60% chance (previously 20%)
  • Spell Sorceress: Fire now returns damage to the attacker (previously increased attack damage)
  • Enemy Unit Dark Wizard has a new model (previous model was bugged)
  • A ping has been added, directing the player to the area with the wards in the first scenario
  • Changed the color of negative stats given by items to red (previously yellow)
  • Fixed Artesia's continuous attack damage bonus
  • Player's HP is no longer restored when low (previously for testing purposes)
  • Implemented an enemy unit count limit to the first Scenario (previously masses of waves)
  • Removed the AI introduction cinematic
  • Dark Warlord's Base HP reduced to 8000 (previously 15000)
  • Barrier Ward's HP reduced to 9000 (previously 15000)

*This may contain quite a lot of bugs, so please report as many as you can. Frequent minor updates will be published!

178091-albums2336-picture55792.png

Date: 14/02/2012

New:

• Exclusive Item Moon Necklace given out
  • Exclusive Item Shield Generator given out
Balancing:
  • Dark Magician's Base Health lowered to 4500 (previously 7000)
  • Dark Magician's Base Damage reduced to 75 (previously 100)
  • Dark Burrower's Base Health lowered to 5500 (previously 8500)
  • Dark Burrower's Base Damage reduced to 100 (previously 150)
  • Dark Burrower's Attack Speed reduced to 2.5s (previously 1.9s)

*This is going to be the last minor update, the next one 2.0, will contain the AI partially and the second scenario!

178091-albums2336-picture55753.png

Date: 13/02/2012

New:

• 2 Camera Options Added [Free & Locked]
  • Tips Option Added [On & Off - Tips not implemented yet]
  • Missile Bolts (Arcane) now has a 60% chance of being triggered (previously 20%)
  • Item Fire Wand now deals 800 damage (previously 150)
  • Item Fire Wand is now an exclusive alpha tester item (the code for it has been sent to one of the testers via private message, more codes coming soon!)

*Note that an exclusive special item/spell will not be given to a second user!
*Actual Arcane Mastery balance changes will be coming with a major update along with the second scenario!

Last edited:
Level 6
Shadow, shadow, you word in the world right now, shadow, shadow!
kael, can you remove the sexy lady?

Level 19
I tested it a bit.
Maybe you could make the camera the default camera and locked to the unit.
Also try not using ESC, since whenever I try to cancel casting of a spell, the dialog pops out.

The game was fun and nice. The spells were cool, although Fire seemed better than Arcane. I managed to get up until the second part, but I think it wasnt finished. Spells were nice, wc3 never lagged even though the large amounts of sfx. Also, will the map size be just that?

Even though, the map was fun. Good job :)

Thanks for testing :)

I will not be locking the camera, I think it's best if I give the player view freedom.
Also ESC is the fastest way, I guess you could just move a bit to cancel a spell.
I will be balancing Arcane since it really is a bit too weak right now.
The map size will most likely go up to 25MB, due to some more custom models, but the custom soundtracks are already in it.

Thanks for testing =)

Level 11
For some random reason, whenever I download the map, it stops at 17 - 19 MB. I guess its because of slow internet. I will try to download it at school. :)

Venge, thank you for this good map. Spent some time playing it.
Fire spells are really more beautiful than arcane ones. Work on visuals a bit to receive more pretty result :) Also you can do a spell tree like in tKoK. That gives some additional style to play.
Make some options like fog and camera (said earlier) for player to choose. That'd be pretty nice!
The terrain is "beatiful and pwetty" but will need some improvements in the future.
When I'll test this more times I think I'll say more.

Thanks <3 I have considered re-working the Arcane branch a bit more, it should become more AOE focused and probably have more effects.
+repped

edit:

178091-albums2336-picture55753.png

Date: 13/02/2012

New:

• 2 Camera Options Added [Free & Locked]
  • Tips Option Added [On & Off - Tips not implemented yet]
  • Missile Bolts (Arcane) now has a 60% chance of being triggered (previously 20%)
  • Item Fire Wand now deals 800 damage (previously 150)
  • Item Fire Wand is now an exclusive alpha tester item (the code for it has been sent to one of the testers via private message, more codes coming soon!)

*Note that an exclusive special item/spell will not be given to a second user!
*Actual Arcane Mastery balance changes will be coming with a major update along with the second scenario!

Last edited:
Level 11
Is there something wrong with the v 1.1 ?
For the free camera, I have noticed that when I point the cursor onto an Item I would not be able to read the description. and for the health. Does it really restore by itself when your health fall below around 70 - 75% ?

EDIT:
I also noticed that the hero had equipment right from the start with 25 pcs of potion and Artesia does not acquire any ability :/
and for the health check - it was 50% :)
for the Description, Lock Camera does not show the definition of the item too and the alt button does not work :)

Level 11
Their, I updated my signature to make it look more clean. I hope this RPG would be a successful one.

And for the items, is it really supposed to be like that ?

EDIT:
Spell Descriptions also arent showed and I could not click my character through portrait. as If the interface was disabled and it's role is only to play as an image. or is it only me. I have checked on the gameplay if enhanced tooltips are on, and they are. :)

I also noticed that the hero had equipment right from the start with 25 pcs of potion
It's supposed to be like that :) It does say "Starter Set".
The hero portrait is missing yes, I'm gonna have to try and fix it.
As for the descriptions, I can see all of them :S Maybe there's something wrong with your settings.

Also omgomg thanks for advertising it like that in your signature <3

edit:

178091-albums2336-picture55792.png

Date: 14/02/2012

New:

• Exclusive Item Moon Necklace given out
  • Exclusive Item Shield Generator given out
Balancing:
  • Dark Magician's Base Health lowered to 4500 (previously 7000)
  • Dark Magician's Base Damage reduced to 75 (previously 100)
  • Dark Burrower's Base Health lowered to 5500 (previously 8500)
  • Dark Burrower's Base Damage reduced to 100 (previously 150)
  • Dark Burrower's Attack Speed reduced to 2.5s (previously 1.9s)

*This is going to be the last minor update, the next one 2.0, will contain the AI partially and the second scenario!

Last edited:
Level 11
Another thing is sometimes the trees block the camera when it is on locked :)

Level 12
Their, I updated my signature to make it look more clean. I hope this RPG would be a successful one.

And for the items, is it really supposed to be like that ?

EDIT:
Spell Descriptions also arent showed and I could not click my character through portrait. as If the interface was disabled and it's role is only to play as an image. or is it only me. I have checked on the gameplay if enhanced tooltips are on, and they are. :)

Same here. What seems to be the problem here? Do I have to set my wc3 settings to all high? Or is this something wrong in the map itself?

Edit: Even with items, lol.

Edit2: After defeating the boss which gives you items, the item description, skill description appears, I think there's something wrong, lol. Plus, after using Power Swap, you gain 30 damage after you activate it, and another 30 damage after its effect, it's permanent, which made my damage rise up to 1000+. Plus, Power Swap is supposed to change AoE targeted spells into single target spells right? Well, it does, but there's a skill (without Power Swap), that could be targeted on a unit, which becomes an AoE skill after activating Power Swap, which isn't part of its description. If it's really like this, then make the description into: "Artesia's AoE spells become single-target spells, while her single-target spells become AoE for a duration" or something like that. Plus, the passive skill she has (in Fire), makes her body burning, which would make attachments not seen. I suggest changing the attachment of the passive skill she has.

Edit3: Her fire passive skill is the one causing all those bugs. Every time you activate Power Swap, her damage increases by 60, after it's duration, plus when you press escape then choose fire again, it gives 50+ damage, yet again. And, when you use her Power Swap, her skills' cooldowns get reset. Was that meant to be like that for combos, or just a mistake?

Btw, before I noticed that some items give me -armor, I thought they didn't, because they had red minus signs, and yellow descriptions, so I thought, "This item's nice," until I saw that it gave me negative armor. Maybe you could change the color into: Red for negative effects, and Yellow for good effects, not just the plus/minus sign so that players would see it more clearly. And maybe perhaps, add different item set drops from bosses for example: "I kill the first main boss, then the item set drops: Oh, boots, wow." Then I notice it gives "dodge chance," while my first pair of boots gave me movement speed. So perhaps you could add a boots which gives 30 movement speed for versatility. Players can choose to either run, cast, and kill, or to go rush amidst enemies, cast, and take chances trying to kill mass amounts of creeps.

Last edited:
Oh wow a real tester! :p

As for the the tooltips and descriptions, I don't have any issues of that sort, but I will look into it again :S Maybe there's a bug with your graphics settings.

Plus, Power Swap is supposed to change AoE targeted spells into single target spells right? Well, it does, but there's a skill (without Power Swap), that could be targeted on a unit, which becomes an AoE skill after activating Power Swap
If you mean Cauterize, that is theoretically an AOE skill and it transforms into the unit summoning spell (your Q) after using Power Swap. Note that Power swap only gives you the 2 new spells for 10 seconds.

Her fire passive skill is the one causing all those bugs. Every time you activate Power Swap, her damage increases by 60, after it's duration, plus when you press escape then choose fire again, it gives 50+ damage, yet again.
I'll take a look at it!

And, when you use her Power Swap, her skills' cooldowns get reset. Was that meant to be like that for combos, or just a mistake?
Right now Power Swap completely removes your first 2 spells and re-adds them after the duration of Power Swap, so they're basically like new spells. I'm trying to find a way to "hide" the skills so that they don't have 0 cooldown.

Btw, before I noticed that some items give me -armor, I thought they didn't, because they had red minus signs, and yellow descriptions, so I thought, "This item's nice," until I saw that it gave me negative armor. Maybe you could change the color into: Red for negative effects, and Yellow for good effects, not just the plus/minus sign so that players would see it more clearly.
I myself thought it was pretty clear, but very well :p

And maybe perhaps, add different item set drops from bosses for example: "I kill the first main boss, then the item set drops: Oh, boots, wow." Then I notice it gives "dodge chance," while my first pair of boots gave me movement speed. So perhaps you could add a boots which gives 30 movement speed for versatility. Players can choose to either run, cast, and kill, or to go rush amidst enemies, cast, and take chances trying to kill mass amounts of creeps.
Yes, multiple random item set drops are planned and will be added in the future.

Thank you so much for testing the map! :)

Another thing is sometimes the trees block the camera when it is on locked :)
While it's not a high priority right now, I will either change around the position of some of the larger doodads and change their sizes, or use a custom camera system which pans around automatically.

Level 11
WTF are you talking about ? :\

EDIT:
Ok, I played the new version of the map and I saw some small flaws. First the item and spell description, I noticed it popped out and was only showing the descriptions once the totems were destroyed. and whenever I killed a Dark Magician and I went near it, Artesia picks up the weapon of the Dark Magician. And at the beginning, I got lost through the forest and did not know where to go. Resulting for me to battle with a dozen of opponents when I finally saw the totems. Maybe a ping on the minimap once the scenario begins will help people who is new to the map. And I can switch through my masteries even if I was around a lot of opponents. and whenever I switch my masteries, all skill cooldown are reset and can be abused. Maybe make a trigger wherein you can only change masteries when you are in battle mode. :)

EDIT2:
For the item you gave to me, I appreciate it but is it passive ?? I thought it was active :) Thank you again, and I shall play further :) for the potions too, its maximum stack is 25 and cant be stacked with more. I suggest that potions stack once theres another potion in the inventory

EDIT3:
The power swap skill can be abused as everytime it is used your damage increases by 63 and everytime the cooldown is removed you receive another 63 damage. and for the ally once you destroy the fire totems, I was going around the map to find the new set of totems released and I went into this small place and then suddenly I could not longer move. I suddenly saw that my ally was in the way, making me unable to continue the game. I hope you finish the next release quickly. I shall be waiting for it :)

Last edited:
Level 14
Okay, I decided to test this.

The overall map is good, however, I would like to point some things out.

There needs to be an auto potion system. -They get to low, make em chug a potion. Its kind of hard to use pots + abilities at the same time.

Tone down the waves alittle. I was getting swarmed by millions of monsters. The Dark Warlord boss takes a long time to fight. Does he have a vamp thing?

I managed to finish the first task, and I started the second, however, nothing happened when I entered the area for the second bit. D:

Fire is definitely better than arcane. I think one of the tooltips said the chance was 20% - ORLY

On a good note - QWER :D. As a LoL player, I found this to be nice. :ogre_haosis:

Also on the Auto Potion system,

CMD would be -autoPot XXXX

Other than that

It was good!

Can you remove the Sex Lady Image?
No darling, grow up.

and whenever I killed a Dark Magician and I went near it
It's not something I can fix, the custom model being used is from 2004 and is quite buggy, I will have to replace it.

I got lost through the forest and did not know where to go. Resulting for me to battle with a dozen of opponents when I finally saw the totems. Maybe a ping on the minimap once the scenario begins will help people who is new to the map.
Will do.

And I can switch through my masteries even if I was around a lot of opponents. and whenever I switch my masteries, all skill cooldown are reset and can be abused. Maybe make a trigger wherein you can only change masteries when you are in battle mode. :)
I don't think I will limit the switching of masteries, I want it to become hectic, but I'm trying to find a different solution for the cooldowns.

For the item you gave to me, I appreciate it but is it passive ?? I thought it was active :) Thank you again, and I shall play further :) for the potions too, its maximum stack is 25 and cant be stacked with more. I suggest that potions stack once theres another potion in the inventory
I'll increase the pot stack. As for your item, I'll check it again.

There needs to be an auto potion system. -They get to low, make em chug a potion. Its kind of hard to use pots + abilities at the same time.
How did you know?! D: I already planned that and am currently making the system.

Tone down the waves alittle. I was getting swarmed by millions of monsters. The Dark Warlord boss takes a long time to fight. Does he have a vamp thing?
A specific unit limit is being implemented as well and yes the warlord steals your hp at random intervals. I'll nerf him a little.

I managed to finish the first task, and I started the second, however, nothing happened when I entered the area for the second bit. D:
I haven't made the second scenario yet :)

Fire is definitely better than arcane. I think one of the tooltips said the chance was 20% - ORLY
Arcane is being reworked and the 20% has been upped to 60%. (version 1.1)

Thanks for testing! :) Also could you tell me if you had any problems with the tooltips?

Reactions: HFR
I've already implemented the autopot system and the HP testing setting has been completely removed :) I am currently working on the second scenario, the AI shouldn't take too long to make either.

edit: A smaller logo has been made to fit in your signature area :)
178091-albums2336-picture56114.png

edit 2:

178091-albums2336-picture56142.png

New:

• Scenario 2 Introduced! Defeat the rest of the Guardians and Wards in order to open the Gate!
  • AI Player Arutha Implemented! Bearing holy powers, he can both support his ally and bolt down the enemy forces!
  • Option Implemented: At one point you will be able to control Arutha [AI] temporarily!
Balancing/Other:
  • Item Health Potion stacking limit lifted to 50 (previously 25)
  • Item Shield Generator now grants you 10 Armor points (previously granted spell Mana Shield)
  • Spell Arcane Bolts' tooltip updated to indicate a 60% chance (previously 20%)
  • Spell Sorceress: Fire now returns damage to the attacker (previously increased attack damage)
  • Enemy Unit Dark Wizard has a new model (previous model was bugged)
  • A ping has been added, directing the player to the area with the wards in the first scenario
  • Changed the color of negative stats given by items to red (previously yellow)
  • Fixed Artesia's continuous attack damage bonus
  • Player's HP is no longer restored when low (previously for testing purposes)
  • Implemented an enemy unit count limit to the first Scenario (previously masses of waves)
  • Removed the AI introduction cinematic
  • Dark Warlord's Base HP reduced to 8000 (previously 15000)
  • Barrier Ward's HP reduced to 9000 (previously 15000)

*This may contain quite a lot of bugs, so please report as many as you can. Frequent minor updates will be published!

178091-albums2336-picture56152.png

New:

• Item Starter Set for Arutha added!
Balancing/Other:
  • Fixed one of Dark Master's spells not working properly and rendering him invulnerable
  • Fixed a bug giving the player control over Arutha even though he had refused to control him
  • Spell Holy Aura now grants everyone 10 Armor Points (previously 25)
  • Fixed a critical bug: Spells now properly level up at level 3/6/10
  • Barrier Ward's HP reduced to 6500 (previously 9000)
  • Artesia's Arcane Spells now deal 250/350/500 damage (previously 150/250/350)
  • AI Arutha now uses Holy Bolt more frequently
  • Arutha's starting intelligence upped to 20 (previously 15)
  • Scenario 1: Enemy unit count limit raised to 15+(Level of Hero) (previously 10)
  • Spell Fiery Field's Damage raised to 500/600/700 (previously 400/500/600)

Level 12
Just tested the map, and here's what I found:

• The item descriptions still don't show up, when you hover your mouse towards their icons, making their tooltips, and descriptions can't be viewed, even your own skills have this problem.
  • Cauterize, there's no mana cost in this skill, but her other skills have mana costs in them, plus it has no cooldown. I encounter this, when I go into the first scenario.
  • Artesia's range, makes her attacks hit the wards without taking damage, so increasing the ward's range or decreasing her range would be good.
  • Mana potions would be good! I couldn't kill the last boss because I had no mana left. Maybe 25 healing potions, and 25 mana potions at start would be good.
  • Fiery Field, creates 2 peasant icons below Artesia's icon, those peasants which aren't doing anything. They show up after using this skill, lol, but they disappear after the skill's effect.
  • Those wards shouldn't be hit by spells, right? Well, AoE spells hit them, such as Artesia's Cauterize.
  • Add something to the autopot system where you could choose, when you could use your potion, like when your health goes below 500, 1000, so that heroes with low health would benefit from this autopot system. Or maybe remake it, and make the percentage into just pure numbers. It makes the players more comfortable, since they'll have to do some math before getting how the autopot system works. And maybe add an option at the first part, if you want to use the autopot system or not. This is for those users who don't like reading F9 that much.
  • There's this health bug which occurs for both your units/heroes and your enemy's units/bosses/heroes. It has this bug of not updating, like when you get hit, your hp does not update. It stays the same, even though your/your enemy's healthbars decrease. I noticed this when I was using health potions. My hp did not increase, so I pressed the potions around 5 times, then it said "Full Health," until I realized something was wrong.
  • After I finished the first scenario, I had no clue where to go. There should be some mini-map pings so that finding where to go wouldn't be a hard thing to do.
  • After going to the second scenario, there's this thing where you are to choose whether to be able to control Arutha or not, right? I clicked yes, but then it removed my control for Artesia, so naturally, I had a hard time with those 1.5k hp-ed creeps, thus ending my test.

I'm going to attach the replay of the game I played here, and you could try looking at it, and see if you could spot those bugs I mentioned.

Edit: Replay's now attached.

Attachments

• bdtest.w3g
    92.3 KB · Views: 114
After going to the second scenario, there's this thing where you are to choose whether to be able to control Arutha or not, right? I clicked yes, but then it removed my control for Artesia, so naturally, I had a hard time with those 1.5k hp-ed creeps, thus ending my test.
You mean the AI player is weak?

The item descriptions still don't show up, when you hover your mouse towards their icons, making their tooltips, and descriptions can't be viewed, even your own skills have this problem.
I honestly have no clue at this point what the problem is :/

Cauterize, there's no mana cost in this skill, but her other skills have mana costs in them, plus it has no cooldown. I encounter this, when I go into the first scenario.
Those wards shouldn't be hit by spells, right? Well, AoE spells hit them, such as Artesia's Cauterize.
Cauterize will be fixed completely. (hopefully D:)
Artesia's range, makes her attacks hit the wards without taking damage, so increasing the ward's range or decreasing her range would be good.
oh me so derpy
Mana potions would be good! I couldn't kill the last boss because I had no mana left. Maybe 25 healing potions, and 25 mana potions at start would be good.
Just use Arcane at that point :p Every time you get hit you restore a large portion of your mana. But ok I will.
Fiery Field, creates 2 peasant icons below Artesia's icon, those peasants which aren't doing anything. They show up after using this skill, lol, but they disappear after the skill's effect.
Those are the dummies that get created for a brief moment, any idea how to hide the icon?

Add something to the autopot system where you could choose, when you could use your potion, like when your health goes below 500, 1000, so that heroes with low health would benefit from this autopot system. Or maybe remake it, and make the percentage into just pure numbers. It makes the players more comfortable, since they'll have to do some math before getting how the autopot system works. And maybe add an option at the first part, if you want to use the autopot system or not. This is for those users who don't like reading F9 that much.
I still think percentage is better ;D
But I'll add a game message in the beginning telling the player the command for it.

There's this health bug which occurs for both your units/heroes and your enemy's units/bosses/heroes. It has this bug of not updating, like when you get hit, your hp does not update. It stays the same, even though your/your enemy's healthbars decrease. I noticed this when I was using health potions. My hp did not increase, so I pressed the potions around 5 times, then it said "Full Health," until I realized something was wrong.
Yeah I do have that problem, also in some of my other maps, so if someone could tell me if it's a common bug and how it can be fixed, lemme know ;)

After I finished the first scenario, I had no clue where to go. There should be some mini-map pings so that finding where to go wouldn't be a hard thing to do.
Will do.

Thanks for testing again! :D
I'll watch the replay as well.

Level 12
You mean the AI player is weak?

I honestly have no clue at this point what the problem is :/

Cauterize will be fixed completely. (hopefully D:)

oh me so derpy

Just use Arcane at that point :p Every time you get hit you restore a large portion of your mana. But ok I will.

Those are the dummies that get created for a brief moment, any idea how to hide the icon?

I still think percentage is better ;D
But I'll add a game message in the beginning telling the player the command for it.

Yeah I do have that problem, also in some of my other maps, so if someone could tell me if it's a common bug and how it can be fixed, lemme know ;)

Will do.

Thanks for testing again! :D
I'll watch the replay as well.

No, the AI player isn't weak. You lose control of Artesia after you get control of the second guy.

Me neither.

Hope it does get fixed.

Lol.

I didn't know Arcane had those effects, lol. I just liked using fire, so yeah. I'll give arcane a try after you release 2.2+

Idk, maybe remove the icons used for those dummies or make them busy like making them gather lumber, even though they aren't present in the map, like adding a trigger for that "Peasant is gathering lumber" so that those icons won't show up. I'm not sure about this though.

Well, you could add this: after clicking "yes" whether you will be using autopots or not, add another dialog or w/e which has: Percentage and Numbers for versatility and because I know other users would want that as well.

No problem. I'm looking forward to this map's actual release, that's why I tried this, good luck on the map, btw. :thumbs_up:

Level 11
for the peasant thing, did you use peasant as a base dummy, if yes, use a different base unit :) and good job on the trailer :D

Last edited:
Level 12
Hexcellion, I just watched your replay, it was hilarious how you just used that issue with the wards' range :p
ALSO Y U NO USE FIERY FIELD

Lol, I don't like getting hit by those damn wards, that's why I abused the chance, plus I got owned by the last boss due to lack of mana. Btw, I did not use Fiery Field, for it made my mana decrease by 100 per use, while Cauterize did not. So I abused that, by using only Cauterize and Power Swap then summoning the elemental guy.

I suggest adding the skills you get after using Power Swap, I'm still not sure of what they do, lol. Plus, I'm too lazy to read the descriptions in the map itself, since I have to do the first scenario before I'm able to see the item tooltips/descriptions. I do hope this get fixed. I'm looking forward to another version, to waste my time on. <3

{EDIT}
Vengeancekael said:
Wait so you could see the tooltips after the first scenario?! Hmm, this might make things easier to fix...

Yeah. We told you about that 2 versions ago, I think.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wait so you could see the tooltips after the first scenario?! Hmm, this might make things easier to fix...

{EDIT 1}
Well I can't find the problem, but could you maybe test the map again and right in the beginning skip the intro by pressing ESC? c: Then check if you can see the tooltips.

{EDIT 2}
Then the problem lies in the first trigger... Hmmm

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited:
Level 2
I like you, so i will test this.

edit:
178941-albums5459-picture56624.html

178941-albums5459-picture56623.html

Also, arcane and fire animation stances fuses somehow.

Every primary ability point gives 0.5 damage output instead of the zero statement.

If video options are not set to high quality (model may only suffice i dont remember), skill and item descriptions do not appear.

At the last level up, basic skill levels reverted to level 1.

edit: İ could not handle the image attachment but its about all skills fusing together.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.