• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mini Mapping Contest #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 30
the%20hive%20workshop.png

186519-albums3700-picture53954.png
mini-.png
mapping.png
contest.png
number.png
6.png

nano2b.png

Solo Arcade Shooter

Contestants are required to create a mini-game with the genre of Arcade Shooter. This genre involves controling a single unit which can be moved only horizontally, or vertically. Your unit is on a mission to slay the enemies that approach it. The camera slowly scrolls forward, along with your unit being automatically moved. This mini-game is supposed to be played in single player.

contest%20rules%20and%20conditions.png

• Your map may not be made with WE Unlimited (JNGP is allowed)
  • No submission may violate any of the site rules.
  • If a submission does not follow the map submission rules, the creators will be disqualified.
  • All submissions must follow the current theme. If any model does not fit, host of the contest or moderators will tell you as soon as possible as to avoid confusion.
  • Your submission must be posted before the deadline.
    • The file in the appropriate format.
  • You must show at least one unfinished preview of your submission (WIP), before the deadline, as a proof that it’s yours.
  • Judges can't participate in this contest.
    • Any user can apply for being a judge. Host of the contest and Arena Moderators will test a user who isn't known for his/her respect in reviewing this type of maps, and overall, contests, to check his/her capability of doing such a responsible thing.
  • Your final submission must be bug free.
  • Imports may be used in the map, however they must all be credited. Imports from other games are not allowed.
  • Your map must be entirely created by yourself. Voice actors, testers and reviewers, as well as resource creators are free to be (ab)used.
    • Contest specific rules:
    • Imports can be used, but only up to 30 MB.
    • Map has to be made in single player.
    • Final entry and all WIPS have to be unprotected.
prizes.png

• First Place: 45 reputation points and your entry on the award icon
  • Second Place: 30 reputation points and an award icon
  • Third Place: 15 reputation points and an award icon

judges.png

• Available slot - ask us if you want to judge.

contest%20judging%20and%20voting.png

Checking FieldExplanationScoring
Theme:Is it creative? Is it overused? Does it remind of old times? Is it fun? Is it enjoyable? What's the atmosphere like? What's the replay-ability rating? Does the map bounce from one style to another too fast?Up to 15 points to score in this section.
Aesthetics:Terrain? Sky? Weather? Animations? Custom Doodads? Map Preview? Loading Screen? Effects? Shooters? Enemies? Tints? Music? Sounds? Missiles?Up to 25 points to score in this section.
Gameplay:Is it easy? Is it hard? Too hard? Customization levels? Commands? Any special events? Wide or small range of weapons? Customization? Special skills? Characterization? Balance? Fun?Up to 25 points to score in this section.
Originality:Weapons? Units? Ideas? Movement? Style? Fun factor? Overused? Not innovative? Customization? Theme development?Up to 35 points to score in this category.

contest%20judging%20and%20voting.png

• 60% of the winner shall be determined by the contest's appointed judges.
  • 40% of the winner shall be determined by the results of a public poll.

contest%20dates%20and%20deadline.png

• The contest shall begin on 1th of Januart, 2012. and conclude on 1th of February, 2012., 23:59 PM, GMT

Level 37
I like themes that are open enough that you're able to do many kind of maps and use your imaginations a lot. Contests like this will only have one way: make one unit that moves forward and you need to bang bang boom boom.

Well I don't say to not to make this contest. If other people like this theme, fine with me. I just suggest a little more open theme like...

Contestants are required to create a mini-game with the idea of one unit fightning endless ways of enemies. Your unit is on a mission to slay the enemies that approach it...

In that way the theme is more open. People can create single or multiplayer maps, medieval or future games, including your original idea. Of course that's a bit too open and we make some great twists there!

Level 5
I like themes that are open enough that you're able to do many kind of maps and use your imaginations a lot. Contests like this will only have one way: make one unit that moves forward and you need to bang bang boom boom.

Well I don't say to not to make this contest. If other people like this theme, fine with me. I just suggest a little more open theme like...

Contestants are required to create a mini-game with the idea of one unit fightning endless ways of enemies. Your unit is on a mission to slay the enemies that approach it...

In that way the theme is more open. People can create single or multiplayer maps, medieval or future games, including your original idea. Of course that's a bit too open and we make some great twists there!

I really like your idea, and i would gladly participate in a contest with that theme, it's something that i'm able to do.

:ogre_love:

For such a theme, we will hardly get original entries. It's one of the few map kinds that I won't likely play, it's just boring. We probably need something more refreshing for the next contest and that includes anything but arcade kind of games.

Of course, don't get me wrong, this is my own personal taste. If people agree with this, I'm very open to it as well :))

Level 8
how about something like a map where you can only control the unit using simple methods? i was thinking along the lines where example is a shooter where you can only control the unit by mouse, and laser beams shoot out from where the unit is facing. no skills or such, just movements.

Status
Not open for further replies.