• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Warriors of Ashenvale [Reworked]

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been some time since I created the thread with the same name.
A map that belonged and still does (?) on the most viewed and
commented threads on the Map Development section is almost finished!

Warriors of Ashenvale
Choose your hero and roam the forest. The team that gets to the desired points first is the winner. Earn points by killing creeps,heroes or the boss.
Features 17 fully customized heroes with unique spells. Upgrade your items and rule the forest of Ashenvale.
At the start of the game the host selects the point a team must earn to win the game. Then the players choose their heroes and they are summoned to their bases.
Each players starts with 650 gold and 10 wood. The players must decide how the heroes will split up on their roaming.

Features :

- Fully customized heroes.
- Good looking terrain.
- It's easy for people new to the map.
- Balanced gameplay.
- Few items which are upgradeable by buying the same item, so it's easier to understand.

The map IS playable but I want to add some few things.
So I can't release a Beta version yet. I don't know if
there are more to be added on the post,
if anyone has a question I am willing to answer it. Just post it here.
I will find time to put more information.

The map uses an upgrade-item system. Some items when purchased two times give a new item. For example this how you upgrade a Slippers of Agility, the basic agility bonus item on the game:
BTNSlippersOfAgility.png
x2 ->
BTNBoots.png
x2 ->
BTNSteelMelee.png
x2 ->
BTNImprovedBows.png
x2 ->
BTNVorpalBlades.png
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To do list :
- Add 1 spell
- Add 20 items
- Improve gameplay by adding more features
- Create 1 or 2 heroes
- Create more creeps

Old thread:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/map-development-202/warriors-ashenvale-37962/

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    2 MB · Views: 498
  • 2.png
    2.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 686
  • 4.png
    4.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 726
  • 3.png
    3.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 430
  • 11.png
    11.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 410
  • 22.png
    22.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 1,091
Last edited:
Level 16
i got a pre-beta test from him, what i can say is,
This map is pretty good,

the spells are well made,
but i suggest having all 4 skills to be active, while still learning its passive effects.
Passives didn't need player skill nor player involvement at all, reducing game-play elements,
a good game needs great mastery and utilization of given advantages, not just going for normal attacking to kill, it must need some effort to kill, and fluency in all 4 skills of the hero, to really master the hero. (things like critical strike, evasion, does not need player's involvement nor their fluency on the hero).

i really like the terrain, good job, this is not important, but the ground is too flat everywhere.

and i feel like the creeps are too little in amount, for a team game. well, its just my preference,
but i think fewer creeps has its great gameplay too, like Racing to get creeps, and strategies which creeps to take, or make ambushes when enemy hero tries to hunt the creep.

-Having 4 active spells might be a bit hard to use, but I will consider changing some passives to active.
-the creeps indeed are too little in amount but you tested the beta, you know. I will add more.

Anyone who wants to test the beta can send me a PM and then make a post here stating pros and cons.I am a bit busy these days and I can't upload more screenshots.

There will be item abilities of course. And sub-skills is a good idea too. Right now I don't think I'm going to modify these things. I can modify them when I release the first version, I don't think it's a bad idea. But making a lot of item abilities will make it harder for people new to the map to understand things. I don't want it to be a mess because a lot of maps that aren't famous have like 200 items and it's kinda irritating.

Level 16
But making a lot of item abilities will make it harder for people new to the map to understand things.

Thats the whole point,
Masteries in Utilizing both Item Ability and Hero ability is what makes "You - Regular Players" and "Non-Regular Players" Different, people "MUST" Need training to be good in the game,
like Dota and other maps which are popular.

so, Being "GOOD" in your game makes people recognize your "Skills", since "Begginers" Cannot play as good as you.

4++ active ability > 2 active 2 passive or 1 active 3 passives.

evading spells is fun, combining spells in team fights is very FUN,
but auto attacking isn't that fun for me. (though some people like auto - attack game which is not my taste.)

well, its just a suggestion, don't take it seriously xD,
since everyone's perspective on ideal figure is different.
just take what sounded good and fits your style and game.

an artist should always stay true to himself,
never swayed from the path that he made.
a painting influenced by others is not his own,
nor can he ever claim its his creation,
since the drastic change in concept, can easily be spotted by others.

Last edited:
Indeed that's a nice idea. But as I said before, I don't really know if I will edit the heroes that are finished since I like them like that. But I promise the new heroes will be more complex, meaning they will have 4 active abilities,sub abilities and hard skills to use (look Mirana's arrow, Sf's razes in Dota).

As for the map update, it's been 3 days that I am waking up after 5 o'clock. haha. I don't really have time to edit the map and today I woke up at 18:13. What a lazy bastard.
I will do some work today though, I'm going to update the first with some more screenshots and some more info.

Status
Not open for further replies.