• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Oakwood Forest

Level 8
So sad that this is slowly decaying it was one of the few hosted maps that I was looking forward too on the hive.

Wc3 WoW and this, I hope you get in done soon. It will definitely be the 2nd most hosted map on WC3 once finished.

Wish you the best of luck.

Level 19
I could come back if you'd like but im working alot now days. just write too me on msn

Hey m8.
Hmm that would be lovely.
Kingz also had some time again.
Think we shouldjust revive it however im going on holiday soon.
I also wanna finish this shizzle hha.

I get back to you asap!

Level 19
Update:
I decided to start working on Oakwood again.
Ciebron is going to help with spells, and there is a chance Kingz will also step in again.

For now the goal is to finish 1 faction asap. The Gryphonwing Alliance.
We're on something like 65% with all the spells of that faction but still need around 70 spells to be made. The quests currently go to something like level 7. I want to make quests until level 20 before it goes in closed beta and I want to have atleast 3 different PvE bossfights in the map.
All in all I think it is highly doable to release this closed beta in something like 3 weeks since it's still my holiday and I will work on it every day to finish the terrain, items and quests. The spells will be made by the scripters and whenever they're done we can start the closed beta.
Depending on the amount of balancing changes, bugs and additions the closed beta will soon become available for others after it has been released to the closed beta team. I'll keep this thread updated about that.

Gwy

Gwy

Level 4
Finally some really good news from oakwood forest!

I wish you much energy, patience in coding and only few bugs...
And I hope for a nice open beta sometimes in this year, it would be really great!

Level 19
For some that might like it. Here are 3 short WIP movies I made about area's I recently terrained. Take a look at them if you like.

Defiler vs Bloodbane Level 10-14 (skeletal orcs) and 20-23 (goblins) area:

Part of the Orc level 6 to 9 area:

PvP Area:

Level 19
You still have to update your terrain. In order to have a great terrain, change the tileset to ashenvale & city mixed, that will replace lordaeon summer.

It isnt Lordaeon Summer.
The tileset is good enough trust me.
It has everything it needs.:)

RaiN. said:
Love the new zones! Glad to see this is still being worked on ^^

Ofc. However my college started so I don't have that much time for it anymore as I had a while ago. But this project has to be completed. However some of your systems need little changes but they are too hard to change for me myself because I don't get them.:'(

Level 11
However some of your systems need little changes but they are too hard to change for me myself because I don't get them.:'(

Bar system needs a rework cause it bug sometimes and i have been working some with the heath system to work both ways (for rage system and heath ect.). and Chanters system and rune system i remade aswell to use interfaces so they can be configured easly. And alot of other goodies. A more advanced Dot system so you can do most stuff with it, will trigger on death ect.

Last edited:
Level 4
I've been wondering about this for a while now.

When I look at your site with the Gryphonwing classes, I see 8 of them. When I look at hive, I see an extra class named the "Archmage" not included on your site that you said would be in Gryhponwing. You also said that your going to have a total of 24 classes with 8 in each faction.

What I'm really saying is, will the Archmage be in a different faction, include 9 classes instead of 8 for Gryphonwing, or will it be excluded from your map?

PS: I'm looking forward to playing your map one day :).

Level 19
Hehe, Yeah you're the first one that notices it.
The Archmage will become a Defiler hero.
This because we've got some sort of a standard for classes and their factions.
2x light, 4x medium and 2x heavy armor per faction. And the Gryphonwing already had 2x light armor while the Defilers didn't.

Currently it looks like this: (Tank=Bold, Healer = Italic)
Gryphonwing: Rune Warrior, Ranger, Chanter, Stone Guard, Engineer, Redeemer, Sage, *Unknown*.
Defiler: Sorcerer, Zealot, Swordmaster, Death Knight, Assassin, Plaguebringer, Sister of Blood, *Unknown*.
Bloodbane: Berserker, Shaman, Witch Doctor, Summoner, Worg Master, Rogue, Enforcer, Survivalist

Level 6
Archmage for Deflier? Hmm...

If you are gonna do tht, than I think you should change the name, and do tweak some spells. It would be cool to see a class that are like WoW's liches, use frost and shadow spells.

Level 17
"Defiler: Sorcerer, Zealot, Swordmaster, Death Knight, Assassin, Plaguebringer, Sister of Blood, *Unknown*."

... pretty sure he did.

Level 15
I don't even know how you are doing some of the stuff your doing. Like that damn health bar in the top left corner.

If you don't tell me, it's going to bother me forever :(

BTW, this project is pretty much the definition of "innovation" when it comes to W3 modding

Level 19
I don't even know how you are doing some of the stuff your doing. Like that damn health bar in the top left corner.

If you don't tell me, it's going to bother me forever :(

BTW, this project is pretty much the definition of "innovation" when it comes to W3 modding

Well. As far as I know that health bar in top left of the corner (I suppose you mean those of allies, not your own) is easy to make. You kind of trick the game by having advanced shared unit control with your allies (so you see your allies heroes health bars in topleft) but in such a way that you DONT have the control haha. I think we only used like a 50 line code for this at max. Not sure though, but you should ask RaiN.

And thanks for the compliment. I wish I had more time to start working on it again, but at the moment I make 09:00 - 01:00 days 5/7 and have to relax in the weekends.

Level 8
Its actually even less then 50 lines and the script was given to me by Vexen.X(Vexsin). If you want I can post it here.

Gwy

Gwy

Level 4
Would be great to have a kind of teaser demo, y :)
(Impatience is the central virtue in virtuel life...)

Level 19
I dont call it spamming when doing it once every 20days.
But If I dont do it, the entire oakwood subforum here will get deleted.
Because theres a rule that there has to be a post every 20 days, else it automatically removes this subforum.