• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

SC2 EU Melee Tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash

Ash

Level 22
Hai. So, would anyone be interested in this? I've got a pretty cool idea for how to work things so that even if there's only a few of us we could get a fair few good games out of it.

It'd just be for poops and giggles (at least, it will be the first time around) and could be a pretty cool/regular thing if there's enough of us interested and from the same place.

EDIT: Figure I should explain my idea a bit more to perk some more interest:

The tournament would be structure of an individuals' 1v1 matches with a round of poules for seeding. Players would be divided up into small 'round robin' poules in which everyone plays everyone else in their poule once. After the poule, players would progress into a direct elimination phase in which the first seed plays the lowest seed, second plays the second lowest, and so on to the final.

Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
The problem would be that if anyone with skill applied (such as a high end Masters level player) then it is pointless for poorer players to even apply as there is no way they would win.

That and we lack any real StarCraft II player base so you would be lucky to get 1 person other than yourself.

Level 22
I'm not Master yet and until I get my shape which I should do from these days I'm vulnerable to anyone. But what DSG said, this is not the place and there is no interest, it's been tried before. There are enough tournaments where you can get stomped by Masters, that you may eventually question should you play vs them, and if that's too much, ESL has 2 league tournaments (e.g bronze+silv gold+plat diam+mast+GM), so there are ones for each skill level.

Status
Not open for further replies.