• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Silver Hand

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Silver Hand
Created by Zephx

Map Info:

In the days that passed while Arthas was in Northrend with the bulk of the Alliance's forces, the undead had began to grow even more a prominent threat...
The main objective is to crush the undead with as little damage to Lordaeron's land as possible.
Playing as the Knights of the Silver Hand, you already have a handful of troops guarding the human settlements, and large pr-established resources.

Features:

Appropriate restrictions upon forces
Custom Models
Custom heroes and units
Real geographical landscape as defined by the World of Warcraft!

• Create Light's hope chapel
  • Create crown guard and light's shield towers
  • Other actual towns

Screenshots:

Darrowshire

230147-albums6517-picture70725.png

230147-albums6517-picture70726.png

230147-albums6517-picture70727.png

Credits:

Special Thanks:
Warcraft Hive for showing me the way with it's many guides

Models:
  • Callahan-Inquisitor/templar(knight)
  • Tranquil-Ascendant(Angel)
  • HappyTauren-PlatedFootman
  • Wandering Soul-Crossbow Footman

Added: Creeps
Removed:
  • Inappropriate creeps
Fixed:
  • Unclimbable Hill
Changed:
  • Creep Levels

Added:
  • Better Terrain
Fixed:
  • Now start with appropriate resources
Changed:
  • Balanced starting forces

Added:
  • More low levels creeps
  • Some terrain variety
  • Another gold mne
Fixed:
  • Starting resources(Finally)
  • In-game credits

Author's notes:

Please understand this is my VERY FIRST map, ever. I did put much effort into it.
Constructive criticism is appreciated, please don't be simply hateful.
And thanks again to those who made the custom models used in this map, you guys rock.

Keywords:
Scourge, Paladins, Knights, Silver Hand, Lordaeron, South East.
Contents

Silver Hand (Map)

Reviews
23:44, 23rd Jun 2013 Orcnet: my comment
Level 2
I'l give you my quick review
-The starting area has a lack of wood
-You start out with two farm's and ready-made warrior's your able to attack the undead right away if you gather them all for one fowl push.
-It's IMPOSSIBLE to do early grinding the mob's are overleveled and come in overwhelming number's
-The mountain with a tollerable amount of mob's is unclimable
Overall Rating - 1.5/5

Level 2
Hopefully these changes i've made have addressed your points :)
-Fixed triggers, you should start with readily available gold and wood
-I've balanced your own pre-existing force with the scourge by giving them defensive structures and a handful of ghouls
-Scaled down most mobs in quantity and quality
-re-made the un-climbable mountain.

Level 29
things of this map i should try to improve:
-80 % of the terrain is one tile the grass, i mean you can use some tile variation to not be so monotone.use some earth and earth with grass too, also there are to much empty space, and that is ugly in all maps
-this is a custom map, you need to create a quest window and explain the game, the objetives, also the credits, you have to put the credits inside the game.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-no wood in your starting base, not confortable
- the town hall cant be placed optimal in the southwest gold mine because the doodad the water well, so you have to build it far

-but again the principal problem is the enviroment, to much empty space,

i think this map is a wip(work in progres), so you should keep working.
try to see approved maps or read tutorials to improve your enviroment and make a good game play

my experience:
if this is your first map or one of your first maps, dont be bad if is rejected. In my experience i had to make maps that they will never see the sunlight, before make good maps.
my first one was a fortress for 2 player defend with a lot of empty space, i never uploaded that.
And the first map i submited to this forum, the Ship Of Saori, i got rejected. It is hard to make a good map at first

sorry for the wall of text
I vote for pending

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 2
Well abgm I thank you for your insight, I didn't aim to get a 5 thumb map right off of the map, but yes, i will continue to improve this map, and hopefull will get it uploaded. Thanks for everyone's suggestions!

Level 2
Here's my review on your ''updated'' version

Good points
-Fixed unclimbable mountain
-Lessened the number of mob's
-Gave undead a better chance at fending themselves
-Added lumber close to the starting area

Bad points
-Very PLAIN and boring
-Not that many weak creep camp's
-Add more gold mines near the undead -make it fair-

Conclusion- 2.9/5

How to improve - Add more goldmine's Doodad's tree's and weaker creep camps for single hero grinding,Don't go crazy and start going mad with the doodad tool,just make the map less Plain Ex:Add mountains,ponds,etc.....

Note- You didn't need to add the pre-made unit's to make the map better you should of just deleted all of them,or just turned them neutral passive.....

Level 30
Both gameplay and terrain overview is lacking and in total of monotone proportions, when you say Altered Melee you scrape out the idea of a Melee but exaggerating the whole tech builds and stuff, you somehow only did was cancel out some important key cores of the HU tech and made it into some similar RoC campaign like structure.

I can spam custom heroes since the map has no triggers/game mechanics for a 3 hero limit only, the enemy AI doesn't do anything maybe because you deleted the default melee AI trigger that functions to all Melee.

The terrain needs dire work on, its very wide and flat the only thing that gives decor is the morning and night view. Your a bit too young in wondering a map and for it to be approved, I suggest you work your way in the Map Development and hopefully you get better feed back and help along the way.