• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[JASS] Need Help with Pathfinding Function, would it be possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
I want to know if it is possible to do a function that takes two points, and returns a boolean, depending if the second point is reachable from the first, if the pathing to ground units from the first point to the second is available.
I guess it is too complex, but if it exists, or if it is possible, please help me out.

Level 19
I'd like to be able to calculate a path like wc3 does when you order to move to a point
but sounds too hard to me

Level 11
I want to know if it is possible to do a function that takes two points, and returns a boolean, depending if the second point is reachable from the first, if the pathing to ground units from the first point to the second is available.
I guess it is too complex, but if it exists, or if it is possible, please help me out.

wd40bomber7, that is nowhere near the same thing (Unless I have misunderstood the question).

This is to find out if a path is not blocked (ex. in a TD).

That is to make units efficiently get from point A to point B on a preset map.

I'm sorry, but it seems like thats almost exactly what he wants.

Also, unless I don't understand what the jass I linked to does, figure out how to get from A to B is exactly what it does.

His question has the word 'pathing' in it and the system is named Pathing ALgorithm System, the whole point of the system is to determine a method of getting from point a to point b. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Level 40
I'm sorry, but it seems like thats almost exactly what he wants.

Also, unless I don't understand what the jass I linked to does, figure out how to get from A to B is exactly what it does.

His question has the word 'pathing' in it and the system is named Pathing ALgorithm System, the whole point of the system is to determine a method of getting from point a to point b. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Preplaced A to B via other preplaced nodes, assuming you can go directly from a node to another. (With no obstacles) (From what I understand, judging by every other pathing system that has been made, and judging that this is A*)

Level 11
By the looks of it, it appears to be a function that automatically determines a way to get from point A to B, even if the objects are dynamically placed.

Level 9
By the looks of it, it appears to be a function that automatically determines a way to get from point A to B, even if the objects are dynamically placed.

But it doesn't.

Pathing Algorithm System readme said:
==================Usage=================

First off, you have to make the regions in WE. Create regions at all the intersections or between the paths.
Units will walk in a relatively straight line, so if the road curves, its good to place a few to guide the unit along.
You can look at the demo map for an example.

Doesn't sound dynamic to me.

Level 10

It isn't dynamic at all.
I think I will do what PurplePoot is telling me, a very fast unit, enemy of everyone, moving through the path, if he attacks anyone, the ground pathing until there does not exist, but I will see how I do to make the system a global instance.

Status
Not open for further replies.