• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Antares' Hero Selection v1.3.3

This bundle is marked as pending. It has not been reviewed by a staff member yet.
Create stunning, cinematic hero selection screens and easily integrate them into your map!

Features:
  • Highly customizable.
  • Easy to interface.
  • Supports any number of heroes with multiple pages.
  • Repick, Restart, Ban phase, and All Random.
  • Shared and separate hero selection.
  • Open and concealed hero selection.
  • Different selection screens for each team.
  • Different hero rosters for each team.

Keeping three different versions of a giant system like this completely bug-free is almost impossible. Please help me by reporting any bugs you find!

This hero selection system allows players to get a full preview of the hero they're about to pick, with a mouse-over tooltip and a preview of their abilities. Heroes are represented as special effects, not as units, allowing for the hero to be shown locally, only to the player selecting it. Heroes can play animations and emotes when they are preselected and/or picked. The system has many additional features, such as All Random, Ban Phase, and Repick.

While the config is quite long, it is only because every part of the presentation can be customized. If you don't like any of the features shown in the showcase map, you can simply disable it. Getting a working system should be relatively easy, although setting up all your heroes may be tedious if you have a lot of them.

I recommend using this system in conjunction with Neat Text Messages.

Based on the Particle Party hero selection system.

Showcase Map Credits:

Terrain by illbean.

Trees - Fingolfin
Night Elf Archway - eubz, Stormknight
Fog and Glow - Embercraft
Hero Highlight Effects - Vinz
Music - Nightsong (World of Warcraft)

Change Log

v1.3.3:
  • Fixed a bug that caused the menu to not go into the widescreen area in the vJASS and GUI versions.
  • Fixed a bug that caused the pages to not cycle to a hero on a different page when selected through Suggest Random.

v1.3.2:
  • Fixed a bug that could cause a desync due hiding/showing ConsoleUIBackdrop locally.
  • Two additional arguments are passed to the HeroSelectionOnPick callback function. These are wasRandomPick and wasRepick.

v1.3:
  • Improved GUI documentation and import instructions.
  • Enabled hero selection menu and tooltips to be put into the widescreen area. For the menu, this is done by setting MENU_X_LEFT to a negative number. The menu will automatically be adjusted for players who aren't using widescreen monitors.
  • Added the option to add player name texttags over the background heroes. The option in the config is PLAYER_TEXT_TAGS under "Sounds and visuals of background heroes."

v1.2:
  • Added many page cycle button styles.
  • Added OnRestart callback function.
  • Moved all globals that can be used in callbacks into the callbacks block.
  • Cleaned up code and fixed minor bugs.

v1.1:
  • Added support for large number of heroes by adding option to setup multiple pages.
  • Split config and callbacks into two files.
  • You no longer need to set the model paths of heroes manually.
  • Tinting colors of heroes will now be shown.
  • Consolidated select and ban buttons into one button.
  • Added option to set the scale of the accept button.
  • Added option to lock top edge of tooltips instead of bottom edge.
  • Cleaned up code and fixed minor bugs.
Contents

Antares' Hero Selection v1.3.3 GUI (Map)

Antares' Hero Selection v1.3.3 Lua (Map)

Antares' Hero Selection v1.3.3 vJASS (Map)

It works fine for me. Are you using an older Warcraft 3 version?
Nope I'm using the most current version of wc3. Tho I've seem to figure out the issue. When you download and extract the folder if you copy over the base "Antares Hero Selection v1.3.2 (now with GUI and Lua)" folder to your maps directory, which has a nested "Antares Hero Selection v1.3.2 (now with GUI and Lua)" in it, then Wc3 Seems to think the jass map is corrupted. However if you copy only the subdirectory then it runs fine in Wc3. I have absolutely no idea why this and redownladed and tested it several times just to be sure. Might be something with how wc3 is parsing the file paths. But the map itself appears to be fine.

The first folder is a .zip, is it not? Anyway, glad you could fix it! Notify me if there's any problem with the system itself! :psmile:
So I'll be using just the vJASS version going forward as it seems to be the cleanest and the easiest to use.

Am not sure if this is a bug or if I didn't enable something correctly, but when using multiple pages and selecting the random button the game properly picks heroes from any page but does not shift to that page if the hero is on another page, and instead highlights where that hero would be on the current page.