• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

(8)Lilious v1.4

(8)Lilious
Player Suggest: 4v4, 2v2v2v2
Inspiration: Rock Quarry, Heck Freeze Over[RA2]
Map Creator: Zucth

default 1.0
249241-b3f6bad1c088cd2be65bad8530b48c4d.jpg

last update 1.4 VVV
274695-7fa12134d9fb1c903e2918462234e1c7.png

Map Description:
"This lily valley look good enough to build a rock quarry" said the construction worker.

Neutral Building:
24 Expansion Goldmines (original - 13500, new add - 10500)
2 Tavern
1 Marketplace/FoH/FoM - middle random
2 Goblin Lab
4 Goblin Merchant

Creep Camp:
8 Green
36 Orange
6 Red (+8 base)

1.0 -upload on Hive
1.1 -fix a bug where some creep will be missing from the map due to Reforged.
1.31 -it's been too long I can't remember :p
1.4 -update it toward more epic due to big size map, the original doesn't has that much impact. +more balance

Information:
-144x144 playable area size
-A smaller version of Rock Quarry
-base camp & middle orange: drop gold + special item [speed rune/thunder lizard gem]
-balance for team spawn
Previews
Contents

Lilious v1.4 (Map)

Reviews
Remixer
Review - Lilious (Version January 20th 2024) Synopsis: Lilious is a melee map for eight players to be played in teams of two or four players each. The spacious central area offers room for large-scale fighting, while the bases and expansions located...
Level 26
you can just put in the bundle a version of the map for 1.26a.
there are some of the reforged creep in it. Since I can't touch v1.26 then some of the creep could be gone. that's why it can't be official if you play with your friend or use it in someway feel free to edit it. as long as it wasn't a credit steal. I'm fine

Last edited:
there are some of the reforged creep in it. Since I can't touch v1.26 then some of the creep could be gone. that's why it can't be official if you play with your friend or use it in someway feel free to edit it. as long as it wasn't a credit steal. I'm fine
I do not steal maps.

Remixer

Map Reviewer
Level 31
Review - Lilious
(Version January 20th 2024)
Synopsis: Lilious is a melee map for eight players to be played in teams of two or four players each. The spacious central area offers room for large-scale fighting, while the bases and expansions located on the outer ring are more secluded and easier to protect. The visual beauty is carried out simplistically and clearly.
Map Aesthetics: The terrain looks clear and clean. The tile variation is very good and looks natural, with distinct areas of the map blending in nicely. The only nitpick I have is the repetitiveness of the central area with the small forest patches, which could be improved by making 2 to 3 of them stand out differently (using different trees for example). Overall very strong terrain works for a melee map. Good job.
Map Layout: The layout is double-ring with an open central area. It works. The one-sided placement of expansion mines for each team is what gives it a nice twist as this forces uneven distance for each player - overall the positioning of the expansion gold mines seems to support heavy contesting. The pathways seem equal and of a good size. I am not sure how nice the central area is to play around with because of the ramps - it can be a bit hard to read due to the height variation and the fences covering most of the cliff - then again open fountain needs to have a downside (potential ambush on high-ground).
Neutral Objectives: The creep camps seem to fit the map nicely in terms of theme. Their macro and micro placement also looks to be appropriate, as well as item drops. The bandit camps in the open central area are a little unexpected - they could be more clearly placed to not interfere with units passing by, but as individual camps they're fine. Some gold mines are weakly guarded which guides the flow of the game. Some variability is brought by the randomized central area, with a tactical aspect with the runes of speed and watcher - which can be powerful due to the trap-type of the central area. Perhaps the ramps to the fountains could be even smaller to amp-up the threat?
Map Gameplay: Suitable for melee gameplay. The team mirroring could be better with more suitable ally-enemy priority choices for 2v2v2v2 games. Overall a decent looking aesthetics for a standard melee experience.

Recommendations:
Improve the Ally / Enemy Priority settings to prevent partly cross-spawns for 2v2v2v2 games (Red: High/Low/Low Ally and High/High/High/High for enemies for consecutive players).
The bottom-right corner is missing a Forest Troll Hut (which makes the layout slightly tiny-bit uneven).
Optionally you can try to see if something can be done to improve the readability of the central ramps / camp placement of the bandits to make them stand-out more.