• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Cannot play map.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Senneria

Hosted Project: SC
Level 6
The map requires the newest version of Warcraft 3 - with this version the maps folder is now located in user/documents rather than in the game folder.

Level 29
I recently downloaded this map,and somehow, the game does not show it no matter where i put it.
Sunken City 1.jpg

"Current" means you can only play the game on 1.32.10 (aka "Reforged").
For installing the maps, the directory is in "Documents\Warcraft III\Maps".

Level 8
i have older version of sunken city map v2.4.4.c and i have warcraft 3 version 1.27, 1.29 and 1.30 but the map dsnt show up anywhere and we have played the map before many times (im not sure the version though)... can anyone help? thanks

Level 29
i have older version of sunken city map v2.4.4.c and i have warcraft 3 version 1.27, 1.29 and 1.30 but the map dsnt show up anywhere and we have played the map before many times (im not sure the version though)... can anyone help? thanks
Try placing the maps in "Documents/Warcraft III/Maps" or the "Maps" folder in your game directory.
If still doesn't work, it must be the game version problems. To be fair, latest version of Sunken City requires Reforged patch, although 1.33+ renders most custom maps unplayable at this moment.

Level 8
thank you for answering, i tried changing the map location to documents warcraft 3 maps folder but its not working. what was the last working version of sunken city with the classic warcraft 3? i can try find that map and enjoy it. thank you very much

Level 29
thank you for answering, i tried changing the map location to documents warcraft 3 maps folder but its not working. what was the last working version of sunken city with the classic warcraft 3? i can try find that map and enjoy it. thank you very much
To be fair, older versions of this map are available at Epicwar, which still compatible with the Classic Warcraft 3. However, most of the new features exclusive for the latest patch (Reforged) aren't available in the older versions.

Status
Not open for further replies.