• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Writer's thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
It would be nice to have a thread for writers here.

I used to write a lot, now not so much. I create music and while i was working on my latest piece i clicked on a sound byte. It stated, "It was a nightmare". It sounded good over my music and inspired me to write a story to it. I was going to incorporate that sound byte and was thinking of a story when i started saying, "It was a dream!". It sounded better.

As i began writing the story i was getting teary-eyed. I was going to end it with "It was just a dream!" but decided not to since i am trying to invoke love in the listeners, and not a false idea of beauty.

I entitled the piece "jij", which is just what my fingers hit when i wanted to save it to close out. Though it doesn't end in the sound-byte i wanted, i renamed it to jaj, meaning Just A Jream.

I hope you all will enjoy this thread and contribute your recent writings. If i decided to post old ones this thread would be massive in size. I'm not arrogant enough to do that.. haha
:D

Please share when you feel like it.

JAJ

Where do i begin?

Where do i end?

I saw this fire...

And people
They were laughing and crying
At the same time

They were full of joy
And they were dancing
Out of speechless expression

And they felt their hearts float

They smiled at the night sky
And streaks of light
Began to FLOOD their sight

They began to wail
Out of Love
For the peace they felt

The men became boys
And the women became girls
They embraced one another

Strangers became sisters

They cherished each other
And they laughed

The wind blew for them
The trees sang to the rhythm of their hearts
As they circled the fire

All desires went away

They exist for you
And their energy can be felt in your heart

Do you feel it?

Feel it

The fire still rages on
It's fed by the Love throughout the universe

And the people..

They still dance

Level 35
"It came to me...in the night, like a rythmn, clean and light. It sent me into flight, and then down from the heavens I began to fight...fore gravity now begins to silence my dream."

-Illunfar the Lore-master-

I wanted to play with rhyme a little.

Status
Not open for further replies.