• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

World of Magic RPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Hi there, I'm here to tell u about my latest map idea, which is going along nicely for now.

It's a single RPG, where u, a mage, will have to do various quests, get stronger, etc...

This map is all about magic, which will be your main attacks (and not just melee damage).

I better explain what's so special:
-Wand system:

Your hero will have a wand/staff/rod in slot 1 of his inventory, this wand is able to cast spells. Spells are actually items with a maximum of 100 charges, the spell u put in slot 2 is the spell u use when using the wand (the cooldown for the wand is 3 seconds). But that's not all. Each wand will give certain spell bonusses (bonus damage, or higher castability rate), or make it able to double cast a certain spell. And also some other special abilities.

Here's a list of spell:
Fire/Fira/Firaga
Blizzard/Blizzara/Blizzaga
Thunder/Thundara/Thundaga
Bio
Cure/Cura/Curaga
Blind
Slow
Protect
Shell
Regen
Raise Dead
Death
Flare
Holy
Quake
Stop
Protecta
Ultima
Infection

U have damage spells and effect spells, I think u can see which are which. Damage spells can be used for different situations (some are good for mass targets, some for single, some for both, but never as good as if it was for on of the two).

If you wonder how you get magic, I'll tell u. You draw it from enemy creatures, it's an ability your hero will have. U will be able to draw 0-9 of the magic the creature corresponds with. But the better the magic, the lower the amount of magics you draw will be. To still have better draws, increase your agility.

About stats:

Strenght gives hp(15) and hp regeneration
Agility gives movement speed, armor and drawability up
Intelligence gives Mana, mana regeneration, and is a factor on the damage spells do.

That's about it for the wands and spells.

You'll also be able to carry a robe, which can be imbued with magic:
-Robe system
Each magic can give u a robe, if u imbue a robe twice, it will just have the form of the last magic you imbued it with, stronger magic gives stronger robes. Damage magics mainly just give STATS+, while effect magics can give u some advantage, like evasion, hard skin, etc.
To imbue a robe with magic, you'll just need to have 100 of the magic u want to imbue with, and a robe(u can buy these incase you're not sure if imbueing an already imbued robe is a good idea). Then you just have to talk to some guy in town.

Also something different, and like many of you will notice is a lot like FF(Final Fantasy) are summons. These summons you can obtain in the map, some u will HAVE to capture, while other are hidden in optional quests.
-Summons:

-Ifrit: Fire Summon, does damage to multiple targets, can cast Fira lasts 40 seconds. Ifrit has a % to be summoned every time u cast a fire spell (fire, fira, firaga).

-Shiva: Ice Summon, does freeze damage with splash, can cast Blizzara, lasts 40 seconds. Shiva has a % to be summoned every time u cast an ice spell.

(I know it looks very blue but it's all I have for now, it's a sorceress model lookin to the right up corner)

-Ramuh: Lightning Summon, does single unit damage (has critical strike), can cast thundara, lasts 40 seconds. Chance to be summoned when using thunder spell.
I have no picture, but it's the ghost necromancer model with a small lightning effect.

-Siren: Healing Summon, Has no attack, but uses drain on all nearby enemy units, has a healing aura and comes with 10 orbs that deal minor damage.
[/quote]

-Odin: Is not summoned trough spells, but will have a chance to appear when you are attacked, does single target damage.

-Bahamut: This unit is summoned trough an ability, can only be summoned with summoner (see classes next).

The last part is the classes. Somewhere in early game, u will be able to choose the class u can advance in, each class has his benefits, and has his own village (you can still do all villages quests, whichever class u take).
-Classes:

Classes will be able to give u special abilities, which u can learn every 10 levels:
-Necromancer:
Passive: Drawing gives one free Raise Dead
Lvl1: Dark healing: Will heal u and your skeletons. 60 Hp+INT.
Lvl2: Skelleton Bomb: Sacrifice your skeleton to do 150+3xINT damage to enemy units near explosion.
Lvl3: Army of the Dead: When Raise Dead is used u will summon 1 skeleton brute, skeleton marksman and skeleton archer extra. Last 20 seconds.
Lvl4: Aura of the Undead: Increases Attack, Attack Speed, Movement Speed and Armor to all skeletons.

-Elementalist:
Lvl1: Elemental Power: Increases damage from elemental spells (Fire, Fira, Firage, Blizzard/ara/aga, Thunder/ara/aga)
Lvl2: Elemental Draw Bonus: Increases magic draw by 1 (does not go over 9)
Lvl3: Double Cast: Each time Firaga, Blizzaga or Thundaga is cast, it will be casted again on second later, free of charge.
Lvl4: Ultimate Power: Increases damage of Flare and Ultima (Big damage)

-Priest:
Lvl1: Healing Power: Cure spells and Regen have increased effect.
Lvl2: Defense bonus: Increases Armor(8), 400Hp and 300% Hp Regeneration
Lvl3: Double Cast: double cast curaga or Holy, no cost.
Lvl4: Holy up: Drasticly increased damage done by Holy

-Summoner:
Lvl1: Increase Summon: Increases chance to get summon (Ifrit, Shiva and Ramuh)
Lvl2: Increase Summon 2: Drastically increases chance to get summon (Siren) (Must obtain Siren)
Lvl3: Odin Strikes Back: When attacked there's a small chance Odin comes to your rescue and kills enemy unit. Does not work on Bosses. (Must obtain odin).
Lvl4: Summon Bahamut: Summon Bahamut when u please, 300 sec cooldown. (Must not obtain Bahamut).

That's about it, I've practically have done most triggerwork, made all robes, all magic and only have several wands/staffs to make.

Then I have to start terraining, which is my worst skill in mapmaking ^^, but I'll give it my best.

Here's some visual effects from some of the spells:
Thundara
[/quote]

Flare:
15citdz.jpg

Holy:
2rhuyyp.jpg

Stop:
2j1n7k4.jpg

Quake:
2820z6r.jpg

Any question, tips, advise, and so on are aprreciated. I'm hoping I'll be done next month.

Last edited:
Level 9
Note: I'm know working on terrain, but I'm really bad at it, if anyone has some good tups, they're much appreciated

Cause I like the names, kinda, big fan of FF, and I also think people will feel related to it, understanding it easier

Also, I'll add an ability that makes u autocast the spells, which makes it less annoying of pressing the item each time

Status
Not open for further replies.