• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Trigger] Turning Trigger doesn't work...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
ok so I'm trying to play a little with the warcraft editor... and I've constructed this "turning" or vampire like trigger, where a unit (succubus) will turn another female unit to a succubus (its a part of a map I've been working on), also I wanted that when she target a male he becomes a demon-child, but thats for later... lol

anyhow
this is my trigger:
  • Succubus Turning
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Turn (Succubus)
    • Actions
      • Set Master = (Triggering unit)
      • Animation - Play (Target unit of ability being cast)'s death animation
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • Or - Any (Conditions) are true
            • Conditions
              • (Target unit of ability being cast) Equal to (Random unit from (Units of type Delf (F)))
              • (Target unit of ability being cast) Equal to (Random unit from (Units of type Elf (F)))
              • (Target unit of ability being cast) Equal to (Random unit from (Units of type Human (F)))
              • (Target unit of ability being cast) Equal to (Random unit from (Units of type Draenei (F)))
              • (Target unit of ability being cast) Equal to (Random unit from (Units of type Few (F)))
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Replace (Target unit of ability being cast) with a Succubus (F) using The old unit's relative life and mana
        • Else - Actions
          • Do nothing
now the problem is that whenever I use this only the elf female and human female will atually turn, while as the rest nothing will happen to :(
why is that?!?!

btw if someone can tell me a trick on how maybe the turning units will actually keep their string name...

Level 2
Try this, instead of Unit Comparasion Random Unit from Unit Type put Unit-Type Comparasion Your Unit Type, here:

• (Unit-Type of (Target unit of ability being cast)) Equal to Delf (F)))
Hope it helps:)

yea this actually helped me :p
thx man!

ahh does anyone knows... maybe how to make so that once the chracter is turned its string name will stay the same
for example; if i have a human female that her string name is Jaina, and she is turned to a succubus, how can I keep this name?

Level 5
Think you can't change a Units name with a trigger, at least not in gui, you can save it's name it to a string but can't use it because the unit gets replaced. However you could make more units of the same type in your object editor(if you have little of them) and name everyone as your first units are name, then when a unit is turned, do an if-then-else if the turned unit equals to Jaina, create 1 Jaina second unit ect.

Status
Not open for further replies.