• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Trigger Request] Increase of <stat>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I would like to know if it is possible to make a trigger that can increase a certain stat or attribute permanently. Like...increase in speed without having to use a Passive ability, spell or buff.

I would like to see the trigger if you know how to do so.
Of course there is rep in this as always ^^

• Grant The Steed
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters Grant The Steed <gen>
    • Conditions
      • ((Triggering unit) belongs to an ally of Player 1 (Red)) Equal to True
    • Actions

Level 3
Ah.
Super!

How about if I wanna change something like Intelligence. Would I have to grant a book for that?

Level 3
Ahh there it is.
Thanks a lot!

I just looked at the Speed and it wants a specific unit. It cannot just take the triggering Unit. Halp :<
EDIT:

• Grant The Steed
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set Hero = (Triggering unit)
      • Unit - Set Hero movement speed to 20.00
      • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
Would this do it..?

Level 15
I just looked at the Speed and it wants a specific unit. It cannot just take the triggering Unit. Halp :<

It takes non-specific units. I'm afraid I don't know how else to help other than say it does. Maybe you'r looking in the wrong place? :/

Oh, and the default min/max of movement speed is 150 to 400 and you won't be able to give units a movement speed outside that range unless you change the min/max in the gameplay constants window.

Advanced -> Gameplay Constants -> Movement - Unit Speed - Maximum
Advanced -> Gameplay Constants -> Movement - Unit Speed - Minimum

Good luck ^-^

Level 3
Thanks but I found out.
I declared "Hero" as the "Triggering Unit" in actions. So that the next action "Unit - ..." will take the variable Hero (The Triggering Unit) and apply the speed.

Final trigger looks like this:
  • Grant The Steed
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Set Hero movement speed to ((Default movement speed of (Triggering unit)) + 60.00)

Level 3
Yes that is intended defskull.
So it's all good and dandy :3

New question though.
How do I remove every item in a given region with a trigger?
I can imagine it's something about making a variable array to hold all the items and then remove them...or something like that.

Esa

Esa

Level 4
Sorry for the absolutely amazing bump, but I just had to post this as this is exactly wht I am looking for.

Won't the "Set Hero = (Triggering unit)" line cause a memory leak if it is applied often? Let's say every 5th second.

• Grant The Steed
  • Events
  • Conditions
  • Actions
  • Unit - Set Hero movement speed to ((Default movement speed of (Triggering unit)) + 60.00)

Status
Not open for further replies.