• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

[General] Trigger Errors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Ok well I have been working on my rpg and come across many issues in doing so idk if its just me being dumb or what but I just removed all my old and unsused variables and now all of the sudden there is 1099 errors with triggers that no longer exist... Link to the map is here http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?wn161123nstm8er
If anyone can help me I know this is the third time ive posted but I keep running into problems idk how they are caused.

Last edited:
Level 28
But you do need those variables. The reason they showed up as "unused", was because they were only used in JASS code (look at the map header).
These are all variables related to the Save/Load-system.
I've added them again, but I cannot guarantee that it will work (because some variables seemed to be important, like the ones that say "SaveLoad_Object_LastIndex").
Anyway, all the errors are gone. In case there's something amiss with the save/load system, have a look at all those variables that begin with "SaveLoad" and check if they've been set to the correct value.

Also, you can use the Pastebin to upload all your WC3-related stuff :).
Link to fixed map.

Level 28
Hmh, did someone import the Save/Load-system for you then?
Well, since you're using NeoStorm's system now (which is completely GUI), here's an image:
(It may look slightly different with your editor).
inYpg8r.jpg

You can then remove all those variables again :p (or use the version where all those variables are already gone).

Level 28
It's because of the trigger "Weather". You shouldn't mess with weather effects like that :). I would just remove that trigger.
If you want snow to fall in the snowy area, right-click the region that's there, select "Edit Region Properties" and in that window you can set the weather effect to snow.
(By the way: some of your icons aren't imported properly).

Level 7
It's because of the trigger "Weather". You shouldn't mess with weather effects like that :). I would just remove that trigger.
If you want snow to fall in the snowy area, right-click the region that's there, select "Edit Region Properties" and in that window you can set the weather effect to snow.
(By the way: some of your icons aren't imported properly).

ah well I was trying something out like how darkchaos did in cot rpg or waugriff but also what icons arent?

Level 7
kk ill fix that also I was working on a spell and got error with custom script
  • Thunder Clap STR
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Thunder Clap
    • Actions
      • Set loc = (Position of (Triggering unit))
      • Set group = (Units within 300.00 of loc matching ((((Matching unit) is alive) Equal to True) and ((((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of (Triggering unit))) Equal to True) and (((Matching unit) is A ground unit) Equal to True))))
      • -------- Damage is based of strength of player. --------
      • Set RealDmg = (Real((Strength of (Triggering unit) (Include bonuses))))
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area)) and do (Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage (Picked unit), dealing (100.00 + RealDmg) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Universal)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_loc)
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_group)
The error is with call destroygroup

Level 7
i think just copy my ability and trigger to your map :D

I did still got error from custom scripts...
Three errors:
call RemoveLocation(udg_loc) : invalid argument type (handle)
call DestroyGroup(udg_group) : invalid argument type (handle)
//=========================================================================== : expectted a code statement (handle)

Status
Not open for further replies.