• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Strings....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 36
I think thats what this involves. Anyway this is what I want to do. I need to be able to make a text message to all players telling which one of them has been selected for a position.

For example in my map, one player is randomly selected to become the zombie sheep for the round. I want to inform the other players which one got selected as the zombie sheep. How can I do this?

Level 6
Well after you randomly selected one player, display an game Message to all Players.

Just add the Game Message Display within you selection Trigger or however you select the random player :wink:

I would do it like this.
  • ZombieSheep
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set Random = (Random integer number between 1 and 10)
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 10, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • (Integer A) Equal to Random
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit - Create 1 ZombieSheep for (Player((Integer A))) at ((Player((Integer A))) start location) facing Default building facing (270.0) degrees
              • Game - Display to (All players) for 15.00 seconds the text: ((Name of (Player((Integer A)))) + is the Zombiesheep)
            • Else - Actions
              • Unit - Create 1 Sheep for (Player((Integer A))) at ((Player((Integer A))) start location) facing Default building facing (270.0) degrees

Reactions: Rui
Status
Not open for further replies.