• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Spell Request] Backtrack (Damage Evade)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I was wandering: could anyone make the Dota's Backtrack spell (hero, Faceless Void), but to be done in GUI or JASS, not vJASS.
For those that don't know what Backtrack is, I'll explain:
Backtrack gives n% that next attack on the unit will be evaded, regardless if it's a magical or a physical attack. Also, it should only evade the initial damage, not the other effects, like DoT, stunn, etc. Regarding the DoTs: if a DoT is on the hero, that has Backtrack, the damage from the DoT also should have a chance to be evaded, but only damage, leaving any other possible effects.
I would be endlessly grateful if someone could make this in GUI or common JASS, he/she would be my hero :thumbs_up:!

Level 8
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin.php?id=x4xd5j
For the DoT thingy: add conditions that prevent backtrack to trigger

Eh, this is a very very very old post :). I learned JASS in the meantime and I made this spell :))). But thx for trying to help :).
Oh, and also when adding damage on event, if the damage is to small for calculation, the trigger will not fire. Timer needs to be set in this state (waiting 0.0 sec), for damage calculation to occur :).

Level 8
Its fires once a unit takes damage, then the conditions calculates tha chance, if the chance hit, unit will not take damage, even the damage is 1.

Let's say your hero has 150 HP, and you deal 50 HP to him (regeneration factor activates in that second), he would have 101 HP, now you can't add 50 HP to him since he has 150 HP. Also, if the unit is hit with 300 damage, it will die (damage will be removed from his HP), because you can't heal a dead unit.

Level 15
Let's say your hero has 150 HP, and you deal 50 HP to him (regeneration factor activates in that second), he would have 101 HP, now you can't add 50 HP to him since he has 150 HP. Also, if the unit is hit with 300 damage, it will die (damage will be removed from his HP), because you can't heal a dead unit.

Never thought of this...did you tested it?

Level 19
Also, if the unit is hit with 300 damage, it will die (damage will be removed from his HP), because you can't heal a dead unit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKydmWBUqvs&feature=related
Watch the video carefully, the old Mercurial ability is based on Backtrack, but the ability also deals the damage taken. The techie had 5 mines, considering Mercurial is lvl 12, techie is at least lvl 11, which means he had lvl 2 ultimate (each mine does 400 damage), 5 x 400 is 2000, Mercurial had 1000+ hp. Tell me now if my ability will bug.

Level 8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKydmWBUqvs&feature=related
Watch the video carefully, the old Mercurial ability is based on Backtrack, but the ability also deals the damage taken. The techie had 5 mines, considering Mercurial is lvl 12, techie is at least lvl 11, which means he had lvl 2 ultimate (each mine does 400 damage), 5 x 400 is 2000, Mercurial had 1000+ hp. Tell me now if my ability will bug.

Heh :).. I know that, I'm playing Dota for 4 years man. What I'm trying to say, to avoid that happening you need to use a timer (0.00 sec) to have some kind of time frame, like IceFrog (or whoever made that spell) is using in his script. Check old Shield System made by Blade.Dk, that's how it should be done.
Just try inflicting, let's say 2k damage to a hero that has you spell (while he has 1k hp), chance on 100 %, and you'll see he'll die.

Level 19
Heh :).. I know that, I'm playing Dota for 4 years man. What I'm trying to say, to avoid that happening you need to use a timer (0.00 sec) to have some kind of time frame, like IceFrog (or whoever made that spell) is using in his script. Check old Shield System made by Blade.Dk, that's how it should be done.
Just try inflicting, let's say 2k damage to a hero that has you spell (while he has 1k hp), chance on 100 %, and you'll see he'll die.

Ok. I've made the test but here is what happens:

The Hero actually didn't block the damage in first time but then he had 400 HP (I made a finger of death which deals 2,000 damage) then he just couldn't die.

Here take a look at the attachment.

From my point of view, the hero MUST take damage one time, then the trigger will work properly.

Attachments

• Backtrack.w3x
    18.3 KB · Views: 118
Status
Not open for further replies.