• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Trigger] Special Effect damage help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hey everybody. Just need some help with this damage thing on my special effect.

K so the trigger makes a special effect spawn in a random place in the region... what I want is to damage wherever the selected special effect spawns/lands whatever.

Also whenever I put stun on my special effect the target never comes out of the stun! Lol help please thanks!

Thanks everybody! Hope you can help :thumbs_up:

Level 23
Also whenever I put stun on my special effect the target never comes out of the stun!

I didn't get that part. You are not talking about a stun effect from an ability no?
If that is the case, check in the ability editor and make sure the duration is not set to 0. Some abilities takes that value as an unlimited duration. Try 0.01 or something.

If I get the rest right you want an area of effect damaging all units in the targeted area...

• Set tempPoint = (Random point in (Playable map area))
  • Special Effect - Create a special effect at tempPoint using Abilities\Spells\Human\ThunderClap\ThunderClapCaster.mdl
  • -------- if the effect has a specific 'stand' duration you need to add in in a variable and wait, then destroy it. Otherwise, destroy it instantly. --------
  • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
  • Unit - Cause <YourUnitHere> to damage circular area after 0.00 seconds of radius 256.00 at tempPoint, dealing 100.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
  • Custom script: call RemoveLocation( udg_tempPoint )
Note: This will damage all units in the area including yourself. If you want to only damage enemies, create a unit group, add all units matching that it is an enemy there, and then damage them by the
  • Unit - Damage Target
action.

Level 6
Here is one using locals. By the way I just started learning locals and JASS so this might be wrong. Just practicing with this stuff.

• Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Time - Every 5.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Custom script: local point mypoint
      • Custom script: local effect myeffect
      • Custom script: set mypoint = Location(GetRectCenterX(udg_rect1, GetRectCenterY(ugd_rect1))
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect at (mypoint) using Abilities\Spells\Human\ThunderClap\ThunderClapCaster.mdl
      • Custom script: set myeffect = GetLastCreatedEffectBJ()
      • Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage circular area after 0.00 seconds of radius 500.00 at (mypoint), dealing 100.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
      • Custom script: call removelocation (mypoint)
      • Custom script: call DestroyEffect (myeffect)
      • Custom script: set mypoint = null

Status
Not open for further replies.