• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Showing pictures in-game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Hi.

I need to show some pictures in-game. I searched in the Internet for some tutorials, and I effectively found one in The Helper. It does exactly what I want to do. However, I have some questions about this, and I hope you can give me answers.

http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/cat_usersubmit.php?view=66955

1 - In the tutorial it's explained a way to create images. However, it doesn't say how to destroy them! Anyone here knows the way?

2 - Is there a way to make the picture fade in and out from a black square? I mean, a smooth transition like: Black -> Picture -> Black. This is not needed, but it would be nice. And don't tell me to use fade filters, I don't want the picture to cover the entire screen.

Note: I don't know how to use JASS, keep that in mind. I can however use custom scripts, if these thing can be done with them.

Regards

Level 28
1)
JASS:
call DestroyImage( image )

2)
JASS:
call SetImageColor( image, red, green, blue, alpha )
RGB and alpha are all values between 0 and 255.
If you want it to become black, you should probably leave alpha to 255 and use a timed loop to change the colors from 0 to 255 (or vice versa).

I know, I used 'JASS', but you can just do everything in GUI and copy/paste my stuff in custom scripts :p
I hope it helped, if you have problems with the triggers, please ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.