• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

SC2 Lessons for WE Lessons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hey everyone

I'm wondering if anyone is interested in helping me get started in WC3 World Editor in exchange for some lessons in SC2 beta.

I'm currently ranked 1 in my platinum division as well as the #1 zerg on the North American server.

If you want to check out some of my games here's a link to my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/perfectionistemblem
There are games vs David Kim and Matt Cooper from Blizzard and also SC1 semi-pro's.

Anyways, I've spent a lot of time preparing for SC2 before beta was out and frankly I'm not enjoying the game a great deal.
Since I went to Blizzcon it has been in the back of my mind that it would be a lot of fun to take the Galaxy Editor super seriously and so I'd like to get as comfortable as I can with the WC3 World Editor before it is out.

I have a decent beginner grasp of how everything works. I've probably spent around 10 hours in the last couple days and I had some SC1 map editor experience from before. I know basic triggering and data editing and I also took some programming courses before so I think I could relearn complex loops pretty easily as well.

I'm mostly interested in the things that will be the most applicable to the Galaxy Editor and I'd love to learn some advanced terraining.

SECONDARY PURPOSE OF THIS THREAD:
I would also really appreciate if someone very familiar with the editor and the resources currently on this site/other sites could compile a short list of what they think is the most valuable tutorials to run through in the WE that will teach skills that apply to the Galaxy Editor.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Status
Not open for further replies.