• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Rotating animations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 28
Hey
I'm using magos War3ModelEditor to animate my models, but I'm kinda limited. I don't get how to rotate a bone in the animation. I have tried to set some values but when I play the animation it just looks like some messed up scaling.

Could someone give me a short guide? I learned all I know about animations from a Dissipate Animation tutorial here on hive. So a short introduction should be enough for me to get into it all.

If you want to keep animating in magos and you want to animate rotation; u'll require one tool for that. Among oinkerwinkle tools there's one that converts Euler Angles into Quaternions, use it for building up the animation keys so you can animate properly.

The reason is because wc3 uses quaternions instead of euler angles for rotating objects, mainly because it's easier for wc3 to compute quaternions than euler angles.

Status
Not open for further replies.