• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Trigger] Problem with Ability 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hello all, again i have a problem (minor). I am making an ability kinda like abbadon's ulti cept it heals your hero if enemy atks. each lvl u go up it heals more. How do i get the amount of damage the enemy unit did on you, real, value?

I tried (damage taken) then read that that's only for a specific unit takes dmg...not a generic one. Coz my event is "A unit is attacked". Plz help i need the amount of dmg taken. as a real/integer:cry::eekani:

Level 5
You need to "add new event" from some trigger.
I prefer to register a hero after selecting it then use

• Trigger - Add to [Spell Trigger] the event (Unit - [According to trigger] Takes damage)
This will add the event in-game, so you don't need to add Event in that spell trigger.

Level 6
Huh? How do you "add new event"? which sub category is it under? and i have no idea what your talking about lol, please explain it in detail as if i were a dumbo and didnt know anything about triggering lol.:eekani::eek::razz:

Oh i found it, its under trigger lol(never used this action before) so is this right?:
  • Reverse Kinetic Effect Return
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
      • (Attacked unit) Equal to WM
      • Or - Any (Conditions) are true
        • Conditions
          • ((Attacked unit) has buff Reverse Kinetic Effect ) Equal to True
          • ((Attacked unit) has buff Reverse Kinetic Effect (Caster)) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Trigger - Add to (This trigger) the event (Unit - WM Takes damage)
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Level of Reverse Kinetic Effect (Dummy Immolation) for WM) Equal to 1
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Set life of WM to ((Life of WM) + ((Damage taken) x 1.40))
        • Else - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • (Level of Reverse Kinetic Effect (Dummy Immolation) for WM) Equal to 2
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit - Set life of WM to ((Life of WM) + ((Damage taken) x 1.60))
            • Else - Actions
                • If - Conditions
                  • (Level of Reverse Kinetic Effect (Dummy Immolation) for WM) Equal to 3
                • Then - Actions
                  • Unit - Set life of WM to ((Life of WM) + ((Damage taken) x 1.80))
                • Else - Actions
                    • If - Conditions
                      • (Level of Reverse Kinetic Effect (Dummy Immolation) for WM) Equal to 4
                    • Then - Actions
                      • Unit - Set life of WM to ((Life of WM) + ((Damage taken) x 2.00))
                    • Else - Actions
                      • Do nothing
?

Edit of an Edit:lol i tried it and when turned on...and i got a ghoul to atk me...every time the ghoul attacked game lagged hugely for like 4 seconds. Need to know how to make it not lagy and work fine plz

Last edited:
Level 6
Also a question before i give +rep to both, what does the GUI line mean exactly? i want to know so i dun ask another Q like this lol. I mean...how can you "add" an event? an event is an occurence. Strange...and does this action nullify the "a unit is attacked" event? wtf please explain as if i wuz a nnoob lol :razz:. then +rep :D

Edit:Like this?
  • WM
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Sells a unit
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Sold unit)) Equal to War Machine
    • Actions
      • Set WM = (Sold unit)
      • Trigger - Add to Reverse Kinetic Effect Return <gen> the event (Unit - WM Takes damage)
Lol, iono what it does i plz tell me.

Level 6
  • Reverse Kinetic Effect Return
    • Events
    • Conditions
      • (Triggering unit) Equal to WM
      • Or - Any (Conditions) are true
        • Conditions
          • ((Triggering unit) has buff Reverse Kinetic Effect ) Equal to True
          • ((Triggering unit) has buff Reverse Kinetic Effect (Caster)) Equal to True
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • (Level of Reverse Kinetic Effect (Dummy Immolation) for WM) Equal to 1
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Set life of WM to ((Life of WM) + ((Damage taken) x 1.40))
        • Else - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • (Level of Reverse Kinetic Effect (Dummy Immolation) for WM) Equal to 2
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit - Set life of WM to ((Life of WM) + ((Damage taken) x 1.60))
            • Else - Actions
                • If - Conditions
                  • (Level of Reverse Kinetic Effect (Dummy Immolation) for WM) Equal to 3
                • Then - Actions
                  • Unit - Set life of WM to ((Life of WM) + ((Damage taken) x 1.80))
                • Else - Actions
                    • If - Conditions
                      • (Level of Reverse Kinetic Effect (Dummy Immolation) for WM) Equal to 4
                    • Then - Actions
                      • Unit - Set life of WM to ((Life of WM) + ((Damage taken) x 2.00))
                    • Else - Actions
                      • Do nothing
This right? (adding on the other trigger):razz:

Oh and raft_pl:What if i hae an event saying "unit a unit is attacked" then i add an event from another trigg saying "a unit enters region"?? wtf happens? lol(and actions are show chat message "blah").

Status
Not open for further replies.