• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Trigger] Poison Triggering Pulverize

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 20
Hi!

I made a Triggered 'Pulverize' to add dmg based on stats.

Right now the chance is almost 100% for testing purposes.

• Pulverize Bonus Damage
    • Events
      • Game - GDD_Event becomes Not equal to 0.00
    • Conditions
      • GDD_Damage Not equal to 0.00
      • (Level of Pulverize for GDD_DamageSource) Greater than 0
      • (Random integer number between 1 and 15) Less than or equal to (5 + (Level of Pulverize for GDD_DamageSource))
    • Actions
      • Set Temp_Point = (Position of GDD_DamagedUnit)
      • Set Pulverize_Damage = (((Real((Level of Pulverize for GDD_DamageSource))) x 10.00) + ((Real((Strength of GDD_DamageSource (Include bonuses)))) + (0.10 x (Real((Level of Pulverize for GDD_DamageSource))))))
      • Custom script: set bj_wantDestroyGroup = true
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within (100.00 + (15.00 x (Real((Level of Pulverize for GDD_DamageSource))))) of Temp_Point matching ((((Matching unit) is alive) Equal to True) and (((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of GDD_DamageSource)) Equal to True))) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Cause GDD_DamageSource to damage (Picked unit), dealing Pulverize_Damage damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect at Temp_Point using Abilities\Spells\Human\ThunderClap\ThunderClapCaster.mdl
      • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Temp_Point)

And poison is the default wc3 passive poison skill.
Every Poison Damage Tick also triggers the Pulverize :S I need it to trigger only when the hero attacks with hits...

EDIT: tested GDD_DamageSource Equal To A Hero, nothing changes.

Last edited:
Level 26
You have said that you used a passive poison skill as base ability. I just see that you use it to determine the attack by looking for the attached buff. Nonetheless, there are other skills that do not cause damage periodically like Frost Attack for example. Or you could immediately remove the buff in this trigger again since you do not need its effect except for checking.

Level 20
OMG sorry, I didn't explain the right way.

For Pulverize, i'm using a Dummy Pulverize with no data at all, just to have it and be able to trigger.

Another different skill is the Poison Hit (something like that) wich I am using like it's, with fixed values.

When the unit with Pulverize, has also the Poison Hit skill, every damage tick of the Poison Skill, also has a chance to trigger the Pulverize, just like if the hero was attacking the creep again.

I though about excluding units with the Poison Buff, but it would disable completely the Pulverize.

Level 23
you have to trigger the poison or use a damage cap but damage caps are gay.

give the unit a dummy orb for accurate damage detection, iirc corruption orb from undead shop was the best base spell and it also doesn't show up on the unit. poison based stuff had an issue not showing up when the attack killed the unit or something like that.

• Events
    • unit takes damage
  • Conditions
    • unit has the dummy buff
  • Actions
    • remove the dummy buff
    • give him the poison effect however you like, easiest way is to have a dummy somehow apply it
    • pulverize chance

Status
Not open for further replies.