• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Need some programing help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 22
Hello all, i've been making programs in VB, c++, batch (mostly VB tho), then i was wondering:

in VB i can easily let's say write this:

Dim a As String = Textbox1.Text

well, then i was thinking i'd like to make it so that it would set it to the Warcraft3 chat box (the one where you type in)
How could i do a program in VB that checks if someone types something specific in warcraft3 that then it would save the messege writen, and say back " A player has typed" + the text he wrote...

Ofcorse the program is on at that time already, just as an event: someone writes something specific , let's say "Hi" and then it would say back "A player has said Hi"

Hope i make sense :S

Thanks in advice

Level 11
Bah, VB sucks in that kind of stuff. Its capabilities are extremely limited when it comes to interfering with other apps. However, check this out. It might help.

Level 22
Bah, VB sucks in that kind of stuff. Its capabilities are extremely limited when it comes to interfering with other apps. However, check this out. It might help.

No it doesn't help much anyway, seems he just wants to write to notepad, wich i know how to aswell. The problem is at checking if someone wrote something specific, but i could do that too in VB, if it was inside a textbox or richtextbox, but here it even harder, since that coulden't be used this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.