• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

movement - type problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
how to make a unit[structure] view like a [movement - type] fly
[stucture is surrounded by trees]
but movement - type is yet foot..

i want that because i want to teleport into a structure like this but not in all air units

how can do this?
please help me:)

Attachments

• 2foot.jpg
    2foot.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 149
  • 1fly.jpg
    1fly.jpg
    212.9 KB · Views: 117
Level 25
uh. You should name the thread after the problem... naming the thread "movement type problem" when your problem is with unit's sight radius ain't really good.

You can apply visibility modifier around your structure.
  • Visibility - Create an initially Enabled visibility modifier for Player emitting Visibility from Location_var to a radius of Range
Do note you need to store the visibility modifier into variable of type "visibility modifier" and you have to use a variable of type "point" to prevent memory leaks (in my case, I named the variable Location_var).

Create two modifiers - one for night vision, other for day vision. I named variables I used day_visibility and night_visibility. Then you can use this:
  • Vision
    • Events
      • Game - The in-game time of day becomes Equal to 6.00
      • Game - The in-game time of day becomes Equal to 18.00
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (In-game time of day) Equal to 6.00
        • Then - Actions
          • Visibility - Enable day_visibility
          • Visibility - Disable night_visibility
        • Else - Actions
          • Visibility - Disable day_visibility
          • Visibility - Enable night_visibility
This will set the visiblity to day_visiblity during day and night_visibility during night (at night the visibility is shorter)

Level 11
Just a theory, but try this: create a flying unit, set turn rate to 0 and movement speed to 0 (otherwise unit will turn) then mark "is a building = true".

Same principle as the following tutorial except you don't want your tower to turn so you won't need the spell book and ancient abilities.
My theory is the sight will stay the same as a flying unit once you convert it to a structure, but I'm not sure if that's true.

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/general-mapping-tutorials-278/tower-turning-tutorial-33448/

Status
Not open for further replies.