• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Mapmaking = questions You(pleasseee)= answers :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Question 1: Can you add tooltips to item abilities. I am trying to make a hero cloning ability out the 'Item Illiuson' everything is set but I cant add tooltips of a learn icon.

Question 2: Is it possisible to adjust visiblity to a tileset. For example, 'Dirt' is black and unexplored/unexplorable. While you have constant vision of 'Marble' and 'Brick'.

Question 3: This is might be a little confuzing. I trying to make a shapeshift hero. Once chosen it can learn different forms as skills. I need the hero to keep all atributes, items, and variables and to stay in that form(no time limit). If possible it would be nice if you could go from any-form to any-form and not have to back to the orginal hero.

Question 4: What would be a reason for the trigger to skip a line. The trigger seems to work fine besides that it doesnt move the hero back.
  • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
    • If - Conditions
      • (boss2[(Integer A)] is dead) Equal to True
      • Boss_spawn[(Integer A)] Equal to True
      • (Pit[(Integer A)] contains hero[(Integer A)]) Equal to True
    • Then - Actions
      • ****Unit - Move hero[(Integer A)] instantly to (Center of Spawn <gen>)****------- It doesnt do this action and yes i know it leaks
      • Unit - Add Invulnerable (Neutral) to hero[(Integer A)]
      • Unit - Set life of hero[(Integer A)] to 100.00%
      • Unit - Set mana of hero[(Integer A)] to 100.00%
      • Camera - Set the camera bounds for (Player((Integer A))) to (Initial camera bounds)
      • Camera - Shrink the camera bounds for (Player((Integer A))) west by 2500.00, east by 2500.00, north by 3800.00, and south by 2500.00
      • Camera - Pan camera for (Player((Integer A))) to (Center of Spawn <gen>) over 0.00 seconds
      • Game - Display to (Player group((Player((Integer A))))) the text: (Well done. You have completed wave + ((String(Round)) + . But there are more coming retreat and rest while other gladiators finish their wave's.))
      • Unit Group - Remove all units from wave[(Integer A)]
      • Set pit_players_Copy = (pit_players_Copy + 1)
      • Unit - Move hero[(Integer A)] instantly to (Center of Spawn <gen>)
    • Else - Actions
Question 5: Does toming leak? Near the end of some games I notice that toming areas are often laggy. If so, can it be fixed hopefuly keeping the tome animation.

Question 6: I dont really get the xp system so if you could like help me with what the gameplay constants are/do.

-Hero XP Gained- Max level heros drain xp
-Hero XP Gained- Creep reduction table
-Hero XP Gained- Hero, constant factor
-Hero XP Gained- Hero, level factor
-Hero XP Gained- Hero Previous value factor
-Hero XP Gained- Hero, table
-Hero XP Gained- Normal, constant factor
-Hero XP Gained- Normal, level factor
-Hero XP Gained- Normal Previous value factor
-Hero XP Gained- Normal, table

Question 7: How are some maps have a (1) for one player and thus are at the top of the list when they are not 1 player maps? :ugly:

Well that all for now (there are always more) please please please help thank you soooooooo much if you do

Level 11
Let me answer question 3 and question 5 first and I'll come back to help with the others:

Q.3 - You can store all the information into a few variables or a hashtable, then when you use an ability to "Shapeshift" you load all the information, add the abilities, set the attributes, and viola! Perfect copy of the hero before.

Q.5 - Tomes do leak, and what I do is make a "dummy" tome ( Ex: A potion ) and then trigger the rest.

If you have any more questions about my answers, write me a visitor message and I'll get back to you and elaborate the best I can.

Glad to help!

EDIT:

Q.1 - You can have tooltips on anything that has UI shown on the unit. If the ability shows the icon on the unit then yes you can add tooltips :)

Level 4
Q2:
Yes, it's possible. But it costs of huge memory. First, you must check every point in the map that terrain "something" is in a point then create a visibility modifier on it.
But note:how many vis modifier that you will use.

Q7: I don't understand that you mean. Very confusing.

Level 11
I think he means on Q.7 is that there are some maps that when you look at the list of games when your hosting a game, there are numbers to the left of the name saying how many player slots are open. Sometimes I also see maps that have a (1) next to the name and end up with 12 open slots. I do not know the reason for this and I don't believe it makes a difference.

Level 8
Question 1: Is your ability a hero ability?

Question 2: Is you terrain even? If so, use regions. If not, the only way i know is the way Section mentioned.

Question 3: This is not really a question. you just said what you want. So, you wanna know if this is possible? If so, yes, it is. You can just base (and edit) the abilities of you hero on morphing ones. Here's a list
http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/cat_usersubmit.php?view=24502

Question 4: (Integer A) is used on integer loops. Search a tutorial on variables.

Question 5: As far as i know, depends on how you using them. Not 100% sure.

Question 6:

I only know this one.
-Hero XP Gained- Max level heros drain xp
It's boolean. I don't know wich one for sure. I can figure out two options here.

Here goes the first. Melee players (like me) know that when you get your hero to lvl 5, by default, your hero will only level up by killing enemy player units. But, even if that lvl>5 hero don't get any exp from killing creeps, it still "absorbs" it.
Let's say i have one hero lvl 5 and one hero lvl 1, and i go creeping. The lvl 5 hero will absorb half of the experience gained, even he will not "use" it. So the lvl 1 hero will only get half of the experience.

And the second is pretty much the same, but instead of lvl > 5 stop absorving exp, it works with, literraly, max lvl. By default 10, or what you set on your map.

Sometimes I also see maps that have a (1) next to the name and end up with 12 open slots. I do not know the reason for this and I don't believe it makes a difference.

Of course it makes difference. It makes your map be on the top, so player who have like one thousand maps find it faster. Also, i don't know how they do it. Probably JNGP, i don't have it so i can't tell you for sure tough.

Status
Not open for further replies.