• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Mana/Life Siphon Color (Help!?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hey, guys

I was wondering if i could get some help. I'm trying to figure out how to change the color of "soul suck" (custom move which is based off of "mana siphon", just edited). I believe you have to use triggers to do this.. i'm just lost. I'm currently been able to make it so that when my hero casts "soul suck" a certian area around him snows and it has worked. However, like stated before i'm just trying to change the color of the move to preferably purple.

Any help would be great
tyvm
Crepracon

Last edited:
Level 20
So, this would work?

• Start cast
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Siphon Mana
    • Actions
      • Set Point1 = (Position of (Casting unit))
      • Set Point2 = (Position of (Target unit of ability being cast))
      • Lightning - Create a Drain Mana lightning effect from source Point1 to target Point2
      • Lightning - Change color of (Last created lightning effect) to (1.00 1.00 1.00) with 1.00 alpha
      • Set Effect[(Player number of (Owner of (Casting unit)))] = (Last created lightning effect)
      • Custom script: call DestroyLocation(udg_Point1)
      • Custom script: call DestroyLocation(udg_Point2)
  • End cast
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Finishes casting an ability
      • Unit - A unit Stops casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Siphon Mana
    • Actions
      • Lightning - Destroy Effect[(Player number of (Owner of (Casting unit)))]

Level 1
Thanks everyone

And ya I finally figured out. All of your ideas basically work, and super sheep sums it up in a visual diagram which works. However the triggering I used as a bit lighter and slightly different, it works.

tyvm
Crepracon

Status
Not open for further replies.