• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Making items drop on the floor once bought

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
How do i make a hero/unit forbidden to pick up an item?? Example in a tag game, the killers cant take the defender's item when the item dropped on the floor. Ermm... like island defense too, the defenders when buy item from a titan's shop, the item will straight drop on the floor. :cute:

Level 3
i still cant make it right.. >.<

erm... wats my mistake?

Event-
Unit- a unit acquires an item

Condition-
(Owner of(Triggering Unit)) Equal to Player 9(Gray)
(Owner of(Triggering Unit)) Equal to Player 10(Light Blue)
(Owner of(Triggering Unit)) Equal to Player 11(Dark Green)
(Owner of(Triggering Unit)) Equal to Player 12(Brown)
Or- Any (Condition) are true
Conditions-
((Item carried by (Triggering unit) of type Glove of Haste)is owned) Equal to true
((Item carried by (Triggering unit) of type Ring of Protection)is owned) Equal to true
((Item carried by (Triggering unit) of type Ruined Bracer)is owned) Equal to true

Actions-
Item- Move (Picked item) to (Position of (Triggering unit))

Level 14
u only can use "Picked Item" when you pick them in a Loop "Pick every Item in balbla".

Else then that like zombie said, u have to drop an item first before u can move it :)

Edit: I would do it with custom values, if u want to know, who the owner is in a map. U just set the Custom values of the Items when they are first acquired to the PlayerNumber of the Owner of Hero manipulating item. Then u only have to compare the custom value to the PlayerNumber after that.

Greets

Level 3
oic... ermm... well i guess i think i understand the trigger but i dun understand how to use the item being manipulated trigger >.< :confused:
but how should i do the action? or i need to change something on the conditions?
Oh ya... how about matching item? wat does it mean?:con:

Events n condition still same-
Actions-
Hero- Drop matching item from triggering unit
Item- Move (item carried by (triggering unit) of type (matching item)to position of (triggering unit))

Level 4
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Acquires an item
    • Conditions
      • (Owner of (Hero manipulating item)) Equal to Player 9 (Gray)
      • (Owner of (Hero manipulating item)) Equal to Player 10 (Light Blue)
      • (Owner of (Hero manipulating item)) Equal to Player 11 (Dark Green)
      • (Owner of (Hero manipulating item)) Equal to Player 12 (Brown)
      • Or - Any (Conditions) are true
        • Conditions
          • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Claws of Attack +15
          • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Crown of Kings +5
    • Actions
      • Item - Remove (Item being manipulated)
      • Item - Create (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) at (Position of (Hero manipulating item))
Instead of using specifics like Claws of Attack +15 and Crown of Kings, use item classes, like make items for defenders only "Artifact" and killers only "Permanent" so you can use a trigger like this to simple it up.
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Acquires an item
    • Conditions
      • (Owner of (Hero manipulating item)) Equal to Player 9 (Gray)
      • (Owner of (Hero manipulating item)) Equal to Player 10 (Light Blue)
      • (Owner of (Hero manipulating item)) Equal to Player 11 (Dark Green)
      • (Owner of (Hero manipulating item)) Equal to Player 12 (Brown)
      • (Item-class of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Artifact
    • Actions
      • Item - Remove (Item being manipulated)
      • Item - Create (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) at (Position of (Hero manipulating item))

Level 11
!! ):(

Conditions:
Owner of Hero Equal to Player 9
Owner of Hero Equal to Player 10

Wtf, don't you know that A Player can't be equal to all other players? Use "Or" at that part damn it.

Because actions work only when ALL conditions, except when there's "Or", are true.

Everything else in your trigger is clearly okay, but you could use a simple "Or" for items instead of loop, though:
  • Events
  • Conditions
    • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated) Equal to Claws +15) Or (Item-type of (Item being manipulated) Equal to Crown of Kings +5)
Don't listen to people who say that you can't move an item from one's inventory, because the problem was with conditions. Do what I say in post #2

Status
Not open for further replies.