• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Make an object editor ability ._.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
Ahem.. hello! I have a really stupid question. How do i make a custom object editor ability that has a missile art and deals damage only? I want when i cast it and the missile reaches the target to simply deal damage. No stun, no buffs 'n stuff. Here is what i tried :
- Storm Bolt -> if the stun time is set to 0.00, the stun is endless, if set to 0.01, there is a really small and annoying stun that i don't want. Besides, a buff appears.
- Black Arrow -> needs the dummy to have it's attacks enabled (which is a bad idea) aaand the missile model is not visible.
- Channel -> the missile art thing works perfectly but no damage can be done.
- Death Coil -> damage to friendly undead units is f-ed.

Please.. help :hohum:
I'm giving +rep :thumbs_up:

Level 16
Ahem.. hello! I have a really stupid question. How do i make a custom object editor ability that has a missile art and deals damage only? I want when i cast it and the missile reaches the target to simply deal damage. No stun, no buffs 'n stuff. Here is what i tried :

Shadow Strike - Set the duration to 0.01. This slow does not interupt any of the affected unit's orders. Also, the buff and slow is not long enough to be seem or noticed.

Chain Lightning - Set the targets to 1. I think this effect is instant though (it may not fire a missle). I'm not sure about this though. Obviously remove the "lighting effect" and add a missle art and missle speed. Not 100% sure if that works though.

Level 13
I'll assume you don't want shockwave/carrion swarm because you only want one unit damaged, and you do not want Shadow Strike because not only does it place a buff but it also does "Green damage"
Channel can and will work with some triggering for the damage.

But the best one I can come up with to help you would be Acid Bomb from Alch, and have it last for .1 second and do all the damage interval at .1 then, with 0 splash AoE, and no secondary damage, however this ability does have a buff BUT if you make this ability duration last .1 seconds on the target, unless your eyes are glued to the status bar of the unit, you'll only see it come for...well.. a tenth of a second.

Hope this helps!

Level 14
Chain Lightning's missle field is bugged and does not work, while Finger of Pain causes units to explode on death.

Acid Bomb delay is 0.01 so it's not much of a problem.
Yep. I simply created a new buff that has no icon and tooltips and even if your eyes are glued to the UI, you will not see the buff (you will only see an empty tooltip when your mouse is over the "invisible" buff). :grin:

PROBLEM SOLVED!

Status
Not open for further replies.