• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Increase inventory size?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I played a map some time ago that used a sort of "bag" system to make more space. Essentially, it was just an item in you inventory that when clicked on would open up another inventory. Placing items in the bag still had all the passive benefits and what not of an item that was not in the bag. I'm not sure how you would work this, but it does mean that it's possible.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Is there any way i can increase the inventory size to like 8 or 10?
Not in WC3, the 6 item limit is hard coded. This was something improved upon for SC2 where you can fully customize the number of inventory slots.

The default one can be increased by a hidden spellbook, but the excess items go to the hidden spellbook's inventory and are thus invisible. So it's not advised.
Care to elaborate how to add items to a hidden spellbook? Note I am not referring to the abilities on the items, but as you said the item widgets themselves.

Never knew about that. Surprised more maps have not used it.
The reason why not many maps use it is because inventory swapping is a mechanic that is not intuitive for the end-user. Sticking to the default inventory and just adding a second unit following you around that holds six more items is easier to understand for any new player and usually also better managable.

Just because it's possible doesn't necessarily mean it's a good idea. ;)

Level 10
You can download and check the triggers of my campaign. I use a 15 slots item multiboard system with 8 equipment spaces for all heroes (head, shoulders, chest, hands, legs, feet, weapon etc.) I prefer that because it is easy to make with GUI and easy to use. Link in the description.

Status
Not open for further replies.