• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Ignore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
Hey man why is it that some people,like this guy http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/members/jinxedgenius/ ,gets ignored. No vm's no friends,no welcomes,no replys on his introduction thread.Not exactly making him feel welcome if you ask me. He joined in 2011!I send him a vm today and posted on his introduction thread. Was it that much trouble to tell him hi! Or welcome! ? If I was here back tehn I would have.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

No one commented on my introduction either. And I was called idiot on my first month here, not that welcome feeling.

You just gotta be positive and remember: other people aren't always right ^^ in the end you're the one who knows your life the best.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Like in most places irl, you have to take the initiative at first and then others will also get to know you. Sure, there are a few preciously rare occasions in which people will come to you, but that's not the rule. If the guy made the account, created that thread and then posted little else, he most likely won't be in the limelight.

What surprised me the most is that you can post in a 3 year old thread? I've been suggesting for a while that the auto-lock mechanism cease to exist or that the threshold should be increased, could it be that it has finally happened?

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
I didn't even create a introduction thread, kinda pointless tbh. I came here to get help with improving my WE skills not to be social, I am sure this is the case for most people who come here.

Either way, I don't feel like replying to a thread that contains one line of text. "Hi, I am new here! nice to meet you!" if that's the case I don't see why it's surprising that not many people reply, nothing interesting is said after all.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

What surprised me the most is that you can post in a 3 year old thread? I've been suggesting for a while that the auto-lock mechanism cease to exist or that the threshold should be increased, could it be that it has finally happened?
No it's been 6 months forever.

Idk, people can't be around for randoms often.
Actually when I first came here I was kinda abused with how "noobish" my maps and knowledge was by most users.
There was the occasional person that was nice to me when I first came here but I was just happy there was an actual active Wc3 modding site.
I guess I started gaining some kinda respect when I was seen more of an actual valuable user (I roamed in the WEHZ a lot in my early days).

If you want any attention, you've generally got to make the push and put yourself out there.

From what I've observed from this guy you linked here, he is just a common Wc3 that just felt like making a thew posts.

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
Guys, this is not a shelter for homeless people to get hot soup and soothing words. It's a place where you go if the topic is right.

Make your stay on this site what you want it to be.

That is why I usually stay away from the Off-topic section and speaking of Off-topic, shouldn't this thread be there?

Will move it accordingly.

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
AFAIC, a community is only as healthy as its Off-Topic section.
Guys, this is not a shelter for homeless people to get hot soup and soothing words. It's a place where you go if the topic is right.

Make your stay on this site what you want it to be.
QFT.

Will move it accordingly.
Alright. I personally don't think it was misplaced to start with, but this is fine too.

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
AFAIC, a community is only as healthy as its Off-Topic section.

QFT.

Alright. I personally don't think it was misplaced to start with, but this is fine too.

I prefer Site Discussion to be about site related technical details and politics. Whether the community tends to not reply to introductions seems misplaced in my eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.