• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to make units move

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Every 30 seconds, 7 Villagers and 1 Caravan are spawned outside the castle in the corner of the map. All these units are neutral units. I want them to move in a straith line across the map. When they reach the other corner, they disapear.

Players are supposed to raid the caravan/villagers, and when the units are attacked, I want them to continue walking.

How can I make this with triggers?

Level 6
Use Unit - Create...

Make use of integer loops. (For each integer between 1 and 7 do...)

• Events
    • Time - Every 30 seconds
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • Unit - Create 01 Caravan at Top Right Corner <gen>
    • Unit - Order (Last Created Unit) to (move) to Bottom Left Corner <gen>
    • For Each Integer from 1 to 7 do (Actions)
      • Loop -
        • Unit - Create 01 Villager at Top Right Corner
        • Unit - Order (Last Created Unit) to (move) to Bottom Left Corner <gen>

Level 10
  • Castle Spawn Remover
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters Castle Exit <gen>
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Villager (Male)
      • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Treasure Chest
    • Actions
      • Unit - Remove (Triggering unit) from the game
When the units reaches there destination (region castle Exit), they are supposed to be removed. But this trigger does not work.

What am I doing wrong?

Level 4
No unit can match that. You have to have an Or condition. Look around a little for it. Also, change Triggering unit to Entering unit.

Level 19
Interesting fact to tell you.
If units are Neutral Hostile and are ordered to move a far distance, they will always move back after a while. This is because of the Creep Camp radius or "Creep Camp Time" (was it called creep camp time?.. or creep return time). Anyways I had issues with it, but in order to make this work you have to set it to a high value else the creeps will return after 1000 range. (Think 1000 range and 8 seconds is standard for wc3)

Status
Not open for further replies.