• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

hashtable how to use handle id as a key?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
I've had some problem before with world editor & hashtable because it didn't work to use abilityID variables as keys (since they're just integers or whatever it was).

It's been a while since I even used the WE nevermind hashtables, but am I missing something or is my WE bugged somehow? I'm pretty sure "Get Handle ID" is supposed to allow me to use the regular functions e.g. using (Triggering Unit) as a primary key and then saving a bunch of stuff to the secondary key...

500904eb8c.png

fea699c7e4.png

c809a26a69.png

so to explain the pictures just in case:

picture 1: I clicked on the second "Value" meant to be used as the primary key.

picture 2: I clicked on "Handle" from "Get Handle ID" to later select my unit to use as the key in the next step.

picture 3: apparently it only show the "Variable" section...
And I ried the other ones as well, none of the Hasltable - Save (integer/unit/real/whatever) worked as far as I can tell...

Now I assume that I could still do it with jass, but that sort of beat the whole point here. I wasn't really going to do anything complex. I just wanted an easy to use 2d array...

Level 15
Are you using JNGP are any other special editor?
I use JNGP and it is bugged for me as well. I don't care much, because I only use them in JASS. It's confusing to use hashtables in JASS and GUI at the same time, because the parameters are swapped.
You can use custom script before that:
set udg_Key = GetHandleId(GetTriggerUnit())
and then use your GUI hashtable action and use the integer Key as your key.

Level 12
Are you using JNGP are any other special editor?
I use JNGP and it is bugged for me as well. I don't care much, because I only use them in JASS. It's confusing to use hashtables in JASS and GUI at the same time, because the parameters are swapped.
You can use custom script before that:
set udg_Key = GetHandleId(GetTriggerUnit())
and then use your GUI hashtable action and use the integer Key as your key.
ah clever workaround, and yeah I do use a special editor.

Status
Not open for further replies.