• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • ✅ The POLL for Hive's Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Vote for the TOP 3 SKINS! 🔗Click here to cast your vote!

[Trigger] Frost Damage Spell Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
use [*trigger][/trigger] remove the *
Now in wc3 editor, open up the trigger you want to copy.
Right click on its name right above the events text.
That will open up a lil menu, click copy as text.
Now open up the forums and press ctrl v in between those trigger tags.

Level 2
Here it is

• DMG3
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to DummyBlast2
    • Actions
      • Set FrostDmg = (Triggering unit)
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area)) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • ((Picked unit) has buff Breath of Frost) Equal to True
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit - Cause FrostDmg to damage (Picked unit), dealing (Real(ForstManaDMg)) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
              • Unit - Set mana of manaunit to 0.00%
            • Else - Actions
              • Do nothing
      • Unit - Remove Breath of Frost buff from (Picked unit)
Im having issuies with the spell not always doing the effect, it might be becuase of frost breaths Cone, and i was wondering if there are any other abilitys that are not cone but cuase buff effects. Its basicly making a Unit Do Damage = Mana of the unit at the point of when it cast the spell.

Level 11
This is a bit blurry to me..
You use FrostManaDMg, but it is not set in the trigger. -> it will not deal damage.
Also this part:
  • If - Conditions
  • ((Picked unit) has buff Breath of Frost) Equal to True
  • Then - Actions
  • Unit - Cause FrostDmg to damage (Picked unit), dealing (Real(ForstManaDMg)) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
  • Unit - Set mana of manaunit to 0.00%
  • Else - Actions
  • Do nothing
What do you want that 'Else - Actions' anyway? If a unit doas not have the buff, why do you want to remove it?? And forget that Do nothing for god's sake. It's only waste of space. A cool trick from Blizzard to show how crazy people are.

Level 2
The Text Copy did not copy it right, The Remove Mana from Unit comes Right after Checking for the buff ability and then doing the other actions. The FrostmanaDMg is Set in another Trigger for some purposes but i guess it could be set in the same place as the FrostDMG. Im just trying to get a Spell to Damage baced on the mana of the triggering unit at the time he cast it, then removes all of his mana after the damage is done. The Else is Do Nothing becuase i dont need it for anything:) Unless it can make a smily face on the screen.

Level 2
I got it working, but it doesn't work on the First Cast

• DMG3
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Stops casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to DummyBlast2
    • Actions
      • Set FrostDmg = (Triggering unit)
      • Set ForstManaDMg = (Integer((Mana of FrostDmg)))
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 10, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area) matching (((Matching unit) has buff Breath of Frost) Equal to True)) and do (Actions)
            • Loop - Actions
                • If - Conditions
                  • ((Picked unit) belongs to an enemy of (Triggering player)) Equal to True
                • Then - Actions
                  • Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage (Picked unit), dealing (Real(ForstManaDMg)) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
                  • Unit - Set mana of (Triggering unit) to 0.00%
                • Else - Actions
If anyone knows why please let me know. Moveing on to next move...

Status
Not open for further replies.