• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Environment-terrain trigger problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I have a spell that will change the tileset to icecrown - snow when cast. It was from another map and i just imported it to mine, it worked for the other map, but it didnt with mine. The area where the tile should change doesnt, but the damage and other sfx work. I used the modify tileset and maxed it out to 16 tiles. Is there a way to fix it? I dont have my laptop right now, it's being repaired so I cant post the triggers

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Your map is already using all 16 available tile types. Trying to allocate another via triggers will result in one of the existing tile types being used (not sure if random, most likely sequential).

Is there a way to fix it?
Ceday has a good solution.
Make sure your map has that tile.
Alternatively you could change the tile type used by the ability to be one from the tileset your terrain uses. Either way the only way to be sure the results are correct is to make sure the map already has that tile type allocated.

There is no way to have terrain made of more than 16 tile types and there is no way to deallocate tile types after they have been allocated (triggers can allocate when required). The limit comes from terrain mesh node structures giving tile type a bit field of length 4 (16 possible values). It should be noted that cliff type is also given a bit field of length 4 yet only 2 possible values of it can be meaningfully used (the limit is either hard-coded or from some other finite resource).

Level 5
Ohh that's why. I think it selects tiles sequentially since it is like that with mine. Anyway, thanks for the help! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.