• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Detection problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Im making a wind walk based ablitity,but i want to make enemies discover you if you come too close.

• Stealth 1
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit comes within 275.00 of Footman 0015
    • Conditions
      • ((Triggering unit) is A Hero) Equal to True
      • ((Triggering unit) has buff Wind Walk) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Unit - Remove Wind Walk buff from (Triggering unit)
Now the problem is id have to do this trigger for each enemy,i dont know how to make the event Unit - A unit comes within 275.00 of Footman 0015 to be active not only when you come within range of a specific unit,but when you come within the range of ANY hero unit.How do i do this?I tried using Unit and Unit Group variables but its not working.

Help please!!!

Level 6
add abiliy to that footman i dont know what is te ability name (the sentry ward have it or gem of true sight)

edit that ability to detection sight 270 and add it to that footman.

So then when you get to close you will ger automaticly attacked...

Triger:

Event:
unit is attacked
Condition:
attacked unit have the specific buff of type Wind walk
Action:
remove WW buff from attacked unit

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 12
add abiliy to that footman i dont know what is te ability name (the sentry ward have it or gem of true sight)

edit that ability to detection sight 270 and add it to that footman.

So then when you get to close you will ger automaticly attacked...

Triger:

Event:
unit is attacked
Condition:
attacked unit have the specific buff of type Wind walk
Action:
remove WW buff from attacked unit
well, this way can work, but it has some flaws

What if the unit he gets close to is already in combat, the Unit is attacked event will not fire, since the "detector" is attacking someone else

Now, I might have a solution to this in a simple way, but first i need to know something

How many units can use this ability? Will regular units be able to use it or will it only be heroes?

Level 12
The map is like a stealth arena.Mostly only heroes will be in the arena.There will be a lot of different heroes,but every hero will have the stealth ability.The goal is to detect the enemy and destroy him,but not to get detected yourself,which is hard,because therell be a lot of random critters(spiders,rats etc.)that react to you,so if you for example approach a bunch of rats they will begin to run,and if the enemy notices that all he has to do is approach the point where the spiders were and see you.

But that trigger is pretty good anyways.

Level 19
there is an easier way
make an unit group

make a trigger that adds the unit uses windwalk ability to group

periodic time event
pick every unit in group you made
if there are enemies near them
remove their buffs
and remove them from group

Status
Not open for further replies.