• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Custom Armor System?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hey,

Is there a simple way to rework the armor system? Like make 1 armor equal 1% dmg reduc? I couldn't find anything in game constants and I couldnt find anything i could import that would change something like that.

Or any trigger ideas for going around the normal attack system? (i know thats generally a horrible idea but more and more maps are coming out and the idea must be getting some attention and scrutiny!) I kind of like how gaias retaliation rpg works how 1 armor reduces 1 dmg, but id like to throw in some other features with that calculation, but thats simply changing a formula.

Thoughts/Ideas/Inspirations welcome :) Thanks

Level 3
Well, I was assuming that did not work or that there was another variable involved in the process because when playing other rpgs, or any other game with high armor, it seems to me that armor is a logarithmic function, not just linear.

Level 6
Blizzard said:
http://classic.battle.net/war3/basics/armorandweapontypes.shtml
Damage Reduction or Increases for Armor
For positive Armor, damage reduction =((armor)*0.06)/(1+0.06*(armor))
For negative Armor, it is damage increase = 2-0.94^(-armor) since you take more damage for negative armor scores.

Assuming you use Jass/vJass, I'm sure there are several solutions.
You can for example use a DDS in conjunction with ArmorUtils to achieve any desired result.

I'm not sure how Gaias Retaliation rpg solves it, but I've managed to achieve the same result in my own map (1 armor = 1 less damage taken) with the above method.

So, if you go to Gameplay Constants and change the field "Combat - Armor Damage Reduction Multiplier" from 0.06 to 0.1, it will not work for you?

it works only up to a certain armor percent and then after that it seems that it requires more armor value to increase damage reduction... I don't know why but it always works that way...

Level 12
It works like this to prevent 100% damage reduction (among others). You see, increasing armor reduction from 1% to 2% is worth much less than increasing from 98% to 99%. ( in the first case, incoming damage is reduced by ~1%, in the second case it is reduced by 50%) Therefore, the higher reduction you have, the more "expensive" it gets to increase reduction further. If you really want 1 armor = 1 %, you'll need some trigger system.

Level 3
Okay so I am trying to go with your suggestion Thunder_eye, and I got the (intuitiveDamageSystem) DDS to save/compile, but I get an error with ArmorUtils...

"Missing requirement: optional (libraries cannot require scopes)"

based on this line -> library ArmorUtils requires Logarithm, optional IntuitiveDamageSystem

I am not sure why I get this error, if its somethin to do with how my newgen world editor is set up, but I can't even save the test map supplied on the link to the ArmorUtils.

Anyone else having problems with that? Or can they suggest any other similar systems?

EDIT: issue was fixed by updating jasshelper :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.