• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Trigger] Could you plz see what i am doing wrong for my voteing kick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
You trigger is wrong.

• Player 1
    • Events
      • Dialog - A dialog button is clicked for VoteDialog
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Dialog - Clear Player_1
      • Dialog - Change the title of Player_1 to Pleaze vote to kick...
      • Dialog - Create a dialog button for Player_1 labelled Yes kick him
      • Set VoteButton = (Last created dialog Button)
      • Dialog - Create a dialog button for Player_1 labelled No don't kick him
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 12, do (Dialog - Show Vote for (Player((Integer A))))
      • Wait 15.00 seconds
      • If (VoteYes Greater than or equal to 4) then do (Game - Defeat Player 1 (Red) with the message: Defeat! You were v...) else do (Game - Display to (All players) the text: The vote falied so ...)
What you do is: you set "Votebutton" to the last created button TWICE, which means you inverted the votes. If you vote "no" 4 times, the player should be kicked.

Another problem you have: in your loop (for each integer A) you show "vote", which is an undefined (and thus empty) dialog box. Instead, you must do "show Player_1"

What to do to solve it: Change every "Player" trigger into:
  • Player 1
    • Events
      • Dialog - A dialog button is clicked for VoteDialog
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Dialog - Clear Player_1
      • Wait 0,01 seconds
      • Dialog - Change the title of Player_1 to Pleaze vote to kick...
      • Dialog - Create a dialog button for Player_1 labelled Yes kick him
      • Dialog - Create a dialog button for Player_1 labelled No don't kick him
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 12, do (Dialog - Show Vote for (Player((Integer A))))
      • Wait 15.00 seconds
      • If (VoteYes Greater than or equal to 4) then do (Game - Defeat Player 1 (Red) with the message: Defeat! You were v...) else do (Game - Display to (All players) the text: The vote falied so ...)
Also, you do "voteyes + 5" when someone says "yes". I hope this is for testing purposes, since otherwise everyone can instantly kick everyone else...

Something I also hate a lot are having way too many spelling errors on a map. Making a small error now and then is ok, but something like "under stand" or "You may think that.But watch this DIE!" sounds ... wrong...

Level 21
I understand why now... to be honest, your triggers are quite messed up, so I'm just gonna post the corrected map.

Please note that I made only 3 triggers. You no longer need to have 2 triggers per player.
Also, I made it so you can only initiate a new votekick 15 seconds after the last one. This is: to avoid votekickspams (you know, people WILL abuse this) and to avoid some serious bugs...

Attachments

• Undead vs humans 2.w3x
    1.9 MB · Views: 46
Status
Not open for further replies.