• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Can someone explain why my animations are going away?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
Alright.

I have a model I'm working on. It's closish to finished, and is in the model section.

I transfer a bunch of modelly goodness to another geoset so I can get the transparency I need, and set the vertex groups to be the same as they were in the other geoset, but I still have no animation with any of the stuff I swapped?

I'm guessing animations are geoset specific, but how do I move them?

Also, is there a way to alter the skeleton without max, like with magos or oinkerwinkle or even notepad?

Thanks a bunch.

~Sylrae

Level 17
I transfer a bunch of modelly goodness to another geoset so I can get the transparency I need, and set the vertex groups to be the same as they were in the other geoset, but I still have no animation with any of the stuff I swapped?

I'm guessing animations are geoset specific, but how do I move them?

Animations aren't geoset specific, but Vertex Groups are. In other words, the first Vertex Group of the first geoset may not (and will probably not) match the first Vertex Group of the second geoset.

If you are trying to CnP a piece of geometry from a geoset to another you need to:

- Take note of wich VGroups are used by the original geometry.
- Use the notepad to find the VG in question.
- Copy and paste the VGroups in the new geoset.
- Use the Vertex Modifier to link the vertices to the new VGroups.

If you want an example, link me the model.

And yes, you can alter the skeleton in any possible way with just Magos' Editor, Oinkerwinkle tools and Notepad.

Status
Not open for further replies.