• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[JASS] Camera Error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
For some reason I get an error when saving that says 1 of my new camera's is wrong. 'Expected a variable name' for the camera itself and 'Expected a name' for all the camera setting (Position, height, angle, roll, etc.).
Does anybody know what the hell is wrong with that camera? Along with that camera, I made another camera, but the other camera doesn't give any errors!

For those who need the info, this is what the error shows that the problem lines are:
Code:
    set gg_cam_Captain_1 = CreateCameraSetup(  )
    call CameraSetupSetField( gg_cam_Captain_1, CAMERA_FIELD_ZOFFSET, 700.0, 0.0 )
    call CameraSetupSetField( gg_cam_Captain_1, CAMERA_FIELD_ROTATION, 186.1, 0.0 )
    call CameraSetupSetField( gg_cam_Captain_1, CAMERA_FIELD_ANGLE_OF_ATTACK, 0.0, 0.0 )
    call CameraSetupSetField( gg_cam_Captain_1, CAMERA_FIELD_TARGET_DISTANCE, 350.0, 0.0 )
    call CameraSetupSetField( gg_cam_Captain_1, CAMERA_FIELD_ROLL, 0.0, 0.0 )
    call CameraSetupSetField( gg_cam_Captain_1, CAMERA_FIELD_FIELD_OF_VIEW, 120.0, 0.0 )
    call CameraSetupSetField( gg_cam_Captain_1, CAMERA_FIELD_FARZ, 10000.0, 0.0 )
    call CameraSetupSetDestPosition( gg_cam_Captain_1, -5799.8, -5045.1, 0.0 )

EDIT: Help is no longer needed. I had to shut down WE and when I opened it again the camera was still there (now also selectable in triggers) and no errors occurred anymore. I guess it was just a WE bug. Strange, but it's over now :thumbs_up:

Last edited:
Level 18
It wasn't written in a JASS trigger it was just an error like every 'Expected a name' error. I know these translate it into JASS or something similar, but that's no real biggy.

Also: The camera is NOT a trigger. All I did with it was creating the camera and it gave this error. It wasn't used in any trigger and not placed in any variable. I didn't made any camera variables for that matter.

All with all: The problem was probably just a temporarily WE bug, since it was gone when I restarted it as you can read in the edited part of my first post.

Status
Not open for further replies.