• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

BETTER THAN JASS FOR CIRCLING TRIGGER!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hey guys, u know the circling trigger? Like lvl 4 in shroom world? Well on some tutorials it sais u need all that Jass and some weird file and stuff but i have a solution WAY easier that involves only 3 simple triggers. ITS AWSOME here it is...

Step 1: Make 4 variables: 1 named ZERO type "real" and make its value 1. Next you do same thing but call it NINETY. next same thing but call it ONEEIGHTY. then for final same thing but call it TWOSEVENTY.

Step 2: Make one trigger and do this...

Event- Map Initialization

Conditions- None

Actions- Set NINETY= 90
Set ONEEIGHTY= 180
Set TWOSEVENTY= 270

Step 3: Make another rtigger in same folder and do this...

Event- Time- Every 0.03 seconds of game time

Conditions- None

Actions- Set ZERO= ZERO+3
Set NINETY= NINETY+3
Set ONEEIGHTY= ONEEIGHTY+3
Set TWOSEVENTY= TWOSEVENTY+3

And for the final trigger, it needs 4 units that will turn around a certain unit. Make another trigger in same folder!

Step 4 FINAL: Do this...

Event- Map Initialization

Conditions- None

Actions- Unit- Order Unit1 to move to position of centerunit offset by 200 towards ZERO degrees.

Unit- Order Unit2 to move to position of centerunit offset by 200 towards NINETY degrees.

Unit- Order Unit3 to move to position of centerunit offset by 200 towards ONEEIGHTY degrees.

Unit- Order Unit4 to move to position of centerunit offset by 200 towards TWOSEVENTY degrees.

And you'er done!!!!!!!! You have just made 4 units go around a center unit in the counterclockwise position. Here is what their positions should be.

* @ *

CONTACT ME IF IT DOENST WORK AND I WILL FIX!!!!

-Pr0-MazeR

Level 4
another oops

And for the final trigger instead of "Map initialization" it should be "Every 0.03 seconds of game time" SRY

Level 4
Well it's strange because in my maps, i always use this trigger and it never leaks or anything like that. Even on B-net when i play.

Level 4
Listen guys, I made this because i thought i could help and that's what really matters. I dont care if u guys think it sucks and Jass is better but it works for me and i will use this technique even if u dont.

Level 40
aye, you should atleast make some location variables and clean them up afterwards, preventing the 2 leaks per line thru most of your script

and BTW, when i said that JASS is way BETTER for it, i wasnt trying to say urs was crap, i was just trying to say to your comment 'That doesnt need JASS' that that's not necessarily true :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.