• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Spell] AoE Slow Poison Cloud

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Edit 1: I think I've found a solution. I'll just make a dummy unit with a 0.1 damage ranged attack that can hit as many targets as possible while applying slow poison to that attack. Gonna edit the map and mark as solved if this works out.

Edit 2: Eh... didn't work... back to the drawing board... might just resort to the static aoe thing.

Hey guys, I've been searching the forums and I can't find anything similar to the problem I'm having with my trigger. Basically I want a spell that creates a cloud (of poison) that periodically applies a 10 second slow poison to any enemy unit in the cloud. I can get it to apply the slow poison on the first "wave," but my dummy caster refuses to recast the slow poison after the first "wave."
This is going to be a generic item ability btw, so I need something that can be multiple times within the same durating. Here's my trigger and thanks in advanced to anyone who can help. Also can anyone give this a look over for any leaks?
  • ToxicSprayEffects
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Toxic Spray (Dummy)
    • Actions
      • Set FlameStrikeLocation = (Target point of ability being cast)
      • Unit - Create 1 DummyCaster for (Triggering player) at FlameStrikeLocation facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Add Toxic Spray (CloudMaker) to (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Kill (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Create 1 DummyCaster for (Triggering player) at FlameStrikeLocation facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Add Toxic Spray (Effect) to (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Add a 11.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_FlameStrikeLocation)
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 40, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set ToxicSprayTargets = (Units within 150.00 of (Position of (Last created unit)))
          • Unit Group - Pick every unit in ToxicSprayTargets and do (Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Neutral Fire Lord - Soul Burn (Picked unit))
          • Custom script: call DestroyGroup (udg_ToxicSprayTargets)
          • Wait 0.25 seconds

Last edited:
Level 33
Unit - Add Toxic Spray (CloudMaker) to (Last created unit)
Unit - Kill (Last created unit)
Is this dummy acts as SFX to the spells ?
Because it does nothing when you spawn it and directly, killing it.

Set ToxicSprayTargets = (Units within 150.00 of (Position of (Last created unit)))
Point leak there

Wait 0.25 seconds
This will make your trigger un-MUI
Try to use timers or custom duration value instead that fires off once every 0.25 seconds (Event - Periodic Timer)

Level 1
Thanks for the replies, the first dummy is just for an effect and its working fine. Its the second dummy thats giving me problems. Also the problem with using an aura is that i want the debuff to persist if the units leave the cloud. My toxic spray (effect) spell is just a modified soul burn so i get the speed debuff and DoT when the units leave the cloud. If anyone is curious the first dummy's spell is just a modified abomination disease cloud with a wisp harvest model instead of the disease cloud model.

This will make your trigger un-MUI Try to use timers or custom duration value instead that fires off once every 0.25 seconds (Event - Periodic Timer)

By that do you mean make a second trigger to get the dummy to fire the spell periodically?

Thanks for the info, I was totally unaware of MUI specific requirements (I googled it when i saw your post) so I'm gonna look up some tutorials on it.

Anyone know why the second dummy isn't recasting the spell? Or is it because the trigger isn't MUI?

I gave you both rep btw since i might just make it a static aura spell if fixing the trigger proves too difficult.

Edit: Been reading tutorials on MUI. I know nothing about JASS, and doing an MUI on GUI seems extremely tedious... I might just say screw it and make it a static aura... thanks for the help anyways guys.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.