• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] Triggered Damage on Summoned Unit

Status
Not open for further replies.

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

Hi all.

While I'm working on my AoS, one of the heroes has a spell that I have difficulty thinking a solution how to make it work.

The spell says:

Creates a vortex of crushing gravity that deals 100 + 50% Power damage to all enemies within its range and slows them by 20%. Lasts 5 seconds

So in my mind this is how I can best make this:

Create a dummy unit, add it to a Vortex group then in separate trigger check every X seconds if enemies are around every unit in the Vortex group, and deal X damage to each.

Can this be done in an easier and/or more elegant way?
Just wondering

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

well for the slow u can make an aura based spell -40% <<<example

and u dont need group u can index the vortex and yes u must check for dmg every X seconds. but its not difficult to make

EDIT : Indexing to make it MUI

Yes, the dummy unit will have a slow aura. That's not the issue.

Hm, why index when you can check for units around every unit that's Vortex (which makes it mui, since there can be multiple vortex units on the map)

Level 8
Yes, the dummy unit will have a slow aura. That's not the issue.

Hm, why index when you can check for units around every unit that's Vortex (which makes it mui, since there can be multiple vortex units on the map)

No no no u must index the dummy vortex so the spell becomes mui (can be used by multiple units at once without bugging) and checking around the vortex will have its own unit group which u destroy ofc

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

No no no u must index the dummy vortex so the spell becomes mui (can be used by multiple units at once without bugging) and checking around the vortex will have its own unit group which u destroy ofc

I will index the dummy unit, but that doesn't change how the spell will work.

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

all im saying if u index the dummy with the aura u dont need to put that dummy in group

EDIT: pls explain what exactly u want to change in the spell (post a trigger also)

Oh okay. We kinda misunderstood each other

I don't want anything to change. I am just asking if there is an easier way to do the spell than what I described.

Status
Not open for further replies.