• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spells

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Hello guys ive got interested in making a spell but i dont know how to do it. The spell that i want is a barkskin,its a buff and you only cast it to friendly units like bloodlust. When a unit with barkskin buff gets attack, the attacker will be entangled. Thats what i wanted to happen.

The next spell is what i call hammer of justice. Its an aoe spell a giant hammer falls down in the sky and upon impact hostile units in the area recieves damage and get stun.

If theres a tutorial for this showing triggers on how to do it ill be glad to analyze it

Level 9
For the Barkskin... you may try this, but i not sure it works or no :p because i'm not a 'pro'...

Event-
A unit is attacked

Condition-
Attacked Unit has specified buff of Barkskin

Action-
-Create 1 dummy for owner of attacking unit in position of attacking unit facing default degrees
-add 2 seconds expiration timer to last created unit
-add Entangle to last created unit
-Order Last created unit Night Elf - Entangle Roots Attacking Unit

You may try these.... xD

For the hammer spell, maybe you can use a dummy with War Stomp and just add effect of the hammer, maybe you can find it on Hiveworkshop's model section
Just simply when unit cast ability, create dummy, expiration timer, add war stomp, cast war stomp... maybe lol
Anyway, im just trying to help you :)

Level 3
The next spell is what i call hammer of justice. Its an aoe spell a giant hammer falls down in the sky and upon impact hostile units in the area recieves damage and get stun.
For that you can use Undead Hero ability Inferno, which hits units in aoe and stuns them and then summons an infernal golem.
Change it so that it summons no unit. And then you need to change its animation to hammer. Line Art - Effect is what u need to change to get different animation.

Level 13
tnx for the help guys gonna try this later after i get a haircut.

Unkn0wnd3stroy3r could you pls show me a map on how you did it? Im having troubles doing it sorry. Hahaha damn this triggers it makez my brain bleed.

Last edited:
Level 9
Umm.. i know how to make the map but i duno the map post at where ..... --

I try to explain to you at here... But I not sure the trigger works or no because i'm not a pro... I'm just trying to help you ...

First - Get a ability that base on 'Bloodlust' change the things into your needed things...
e.g. - Change Bloodlust into Barkskin and the speed.....

Second - You'll need a dummy unit that with no model file and movespeed, of course attacks

Third - Now the trigger part...

[trigger=Barkskin]
Barkskin
Events
Unit - A unit Is attacked
Conditions
((Attacked unit) has buff YOUR_BUFF) Equal to True
Actions
Unit - Create 1 YOUR_DUMMY for (Owner of (Attacked unit)) at (Position of (Attacked unit)) facing Default building facing degrees
Unit - Add a 2.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
Unit - Add YOUR_ENTANGLE_ABILITY to (Last created unit)
Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Night Elf Tree Of Life - Entangle (Attacking unit)
[/trigger]

For the Unit is Attacked is for create a event when a unit is get attacks by enemy.

Conditions that check if the attacked unit have Buff of the ability based on Bloodlust

Actions is to create 1 Dummy for the attacked unit at the position of attacked unit and set the expiration timer for the Dummy for your duration....

After that, add the Dummy_Ability to the Dummy and cast to the Attacking Unit

Hope this can helps you xD

Level 13
Its ok im not a pro also, consider this to work or not I can learn something from here thou. Thanks man gonna try and check it out.

Level 29
thanks for fixing my problem lol

EDIT: So you mean those thing need to store in variable is including dummy and what? or.. only dummy

Anything that you use twice or more.
Here is your old trigger.

[trigger=Barkskin]
Barkskin
Events
Conditions
((Attacked unit) has buff YOUR_BUFF) Equal to True
Actions
Unit - Create 1 YOUR_DUMMY for (Owner of (Attacked unit)) at (Position of (Attacked unit)) facing Default building facing degrees
Unit - Add a 2.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
Unit - Add YOUR_ENTANGLE_ABILITY to (Last created unit)
Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Night Elf Tree Of Life - Entangle (Attacking unit)
[/trigger]

Here is how it should be so it is efficient.

[trigger=Barkskin]
Barkskin
Events
Conditions
((Triggering unit) has buff YOUR_BUFF) Equal to True
Actions
Set tempPoint = (Position of (Triggering unit))
Unit - Create 1 YOUR_DUMMY for (Triggering player) at tempPoint facing Default building facing degrees
Set tempUnit1 = (Last created unit)
Unit - Add a 2.00 second Generic expiration timer to tempUnit1
Unit - Add YOUR_ENTANGLE_ABILITY to tempUnit1
Unit - Order tempUnit1 to Night Elf Tree Of Life - Entangle (Attacking unit)
Set tempUnit1 = No unit
Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_tempPoint)
Custom script: set udg_tempPoint = null
[/trigger]

Status
Not open for further replies.