• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Need help with 2 things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Greetings hivers!

I want to know if the ability ''Repair ((Human))''
Can be modified, so the units dont require GOLD to repair buildings.

My second is an Triggers or of some sort.

I wonder if it works that if an player have played my game for like example 30 hours and when he have played that much he will recive an Code that he can get an Hero by.
Or if an player have killed the last boss in an singleplayer work and will recive an code for an hero.

Hope some one can help. ! :goblin_yeah:

Level 14
For the first question. I believe that you would need to change the repair cost of each building in the object editor. Just set it to 0. I don't think it has anything to do with the repair ability itself, but I could be mistaken.

Level 12
For starters, every single Repair Ability in the game is exactly the same, just with different sounds or icons. You can change the cost for the Repair ability by changing the "Repair Cost Ratio" field. Setting this to anything other then 0 will likely still have a repair cost, depending on the building being repaired.

I don't know the exact cost, but what Veritas says about the Repair Cost of buildings is only partially correct. The Repair Cost in a unit I believe is divided by the Repair Cost Ratio, but don't take my word for it because I actually don't know specifically how it does it.

As for the second question, I think that is possible but it'd require a slightly-complex save system and would only save the time they played whenever they did like "-save" in chat. So if they forget to save it would be lost.

There MIGHT be a way to make an "Autosave" for WarCraft III, but I've never seen it done. I've only seen it in SC2.

Level 12
umm, so if i create an txt file.
Im gonna have to make different codes, like:
FNEJ-8EFFW-3GERGE
CPSJ-3T3FE-DWR37V
....And so on....

But how do i create the trigger?
In my map im thinking of like; {This is an example.}
-When an unit dies = Archimonde
-Give the player 1 code from the txt files {Or something, or is it easlier to have just 1}
-Make the Code only useable 1 time {So other players cant copy from the other player and get the hero to.}
Like something like that, dont know the trigger for it.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
The only thing I can think of is to create a number of patterns for the code. The pattern should be randomized.

Exmaple:
0. the code must be 8 characters long
1. the first character in the code must be a number
2. the second character must be either of the following characters a,b,c,d,e,f,o,t,r,x
3. the third character most be a consonant.
etc

However I am not sure if it's worth the effort to make codes a one time usage. I imagine it being very difficult.

edit: the easiest way I can come up with is to encrypt the player name. So both the code and the player name needs to match.

I wonder if it works that if an player have played my game for like example 30 hours and when he have played that much he will recive an Code that he can get an Hero by.

Use a game cache to store the time the player has played. If you want to count everything, just use a 1.00 periodic timer.

Level 14
@DUTY_OF_RS: About your 2. question: Just use a saveload system, for example AceHearts (there are plenty more with different features and different performance, just use the forum search function)

You can trigger the save using a "30 hours time elapsed" event or a "unit (boss) dies" event, up to you.

Forget the posts about sc2 banks, gamecaches and number patterns.

@Everyone else: If you either
- have no idea
- or are unable to explain simple things in a simple manner
please refrain from confusing beginners by posting in their threads.

Level 12
@muzzel:
First; it is DUTY OF RS =D
Ok i could use AceHearts.
But, do i need the Save for my map?
I do only need the Load if the player gots the code after defeating him.
Lets say it like this:
-Player kills the last Boss.
-He or they gets an code each just for them.
-They screenshot it and for next time they play they just enter the code.
-And the Hero will spawn next to the unit that everyone start with.

So im little confused with it tho...

Level 14
Whats the problem? I dont really get it...

Are you saying that player dont always load? Like, sometimes they just play the map without code?
Thats not a problem, if a player loads you just remove his normal starting unit.

Level 12
I'll try explain how it works.
{The Game is 3 player (only.)}

-The player starts the game with 1 Normaly unit.
They need to build and survive to the last Boss.
-When the boss is killed and if all survivors are still there.
When the boss is killed the game will end in 10 seconds.
-They will get an code that they can use in the next game.
When they enter the next game, they can enter the code and the hero will spawn next to the normaly unit.
They can only use the Hero only 1 time.
And when that 1 time have goe'd they need to kill the boss for a new code.

Status
Not open for further replies.