• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Multiboard Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Hi

I'm having an issue with Multiboards. My map needs to have 2 different multiboards (if not possible another suggestion?). I have them both made but the one which is made last always replaces the first one. Am I wrong in thinking you could have 2 multiboards?

• Multiboards Int
    • Events
      • Dialog - A dialog button is clicked for Dialog
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Multiboard - Create a multiboard with 5 columns and 4 rows, titled Stats
      • Set Stats_Multiboard = (Last created multiboard)
      • Multiboard - Set the display style for Stats_Multiboard item in column 0, row 0 to Show text and Hide icons
      • Multiboard - Set the width for Stats_Multiboard item in column 0, row 0 to 7.50% of the total screen width
      • Multiboard - Set the width for Stats_Multiboard item in column 1, row 0 to 4.00% of the total screen width
      • Multiboard - Set the text for Stats_Multiboard item in column 0, row 0 to 0
      • Multiboard - Set the text for Stats_Multiboard item in column 1, row 1 to
      • Multiboard - Set the text for Stats_Multiboard item in column 2, row 1 to (Name of Player 1 (Red))
      • Multiboard - Set the text for Stats_Multiboard item in column 3, row 1 to (Name of Player 2 (Blue))
      • Multiboard - Set the text for Stats_Multiboard item in column 4, row 1 to (Name of Player 3 (Teal))
      • Multiboard - Set the text for Stats_Multiboard item in column 5, row 1 to (Name of Player 4 (Purple))
      • Multiboard - Set the text for Stats_Multiboard item in column 1, row 2 to Kills
      • Multiboard - Set the text for Stats_Multiboard item in column 1, row 3 to Deaths
      • Multiboard - Set the text for Stats_Multiboard item in column 1, row 4 to Badass Rank
      • Multiboard - Minimize Stats_Multiboard
      • Wait 0.10 seconds
      • Multiboard - Create a multiboard with 5 columns and 4 rows, titled Challenges
      • Set Challenges_Multiboard = (Last created multiboard)
      • Multiboard - Set the display style for Challenges_Multiboard item in column 0, row 0 to Show text and Hide icons
      • Multiboard - Set the width for Challenges_Multiboard item in column 0, row 0 to 7.50% of the total screen width
      • Multiboard - Set the text for Challenges_Multiboard item in column 0, row 0 to 0
      • Multiboard - Set the text for Challenges_Multiboard item in column 1, row 1 to
      • Multiboard - Set the text for Challenges_Multiboard item in column 2, row 1 to (Name of Player 1 (Red))
      • Multiboard - Set the text for Challenges_Multiboard item in column 3, row 1 to (Name of Player 2 (Blue))
      • Multiboard - Set the text for Challenges_Multiboard item in column 4, row 1 to (Name of Player 3 (Teal))
      • Multiboard - Set the text for Challenges_Multiboard item in column 5, row 1 to (Name of Player 4 (Purple))
      • Multiboard - Set the text for Challenges_Multiboard item in column 1, row 2 to Loot Ninja
      • Multiboard - Set the text for Challenges_Multiboard item in column 1, row 3 to Worth a Shot
      • Multiboard - Set the text for Challenges_Multiboard item in column 1, row 4 to Switcheroo
      • Multiboard - Minimize Challenges_Multiboard

Pretty sure every player can only have 1 multiboard visually showing at any given time, though maybe you can combine a leaderboard with it to technically have 2? Otherwise hide one and display one with the command/ability to show/hide each other. You'll likely need to know how to use GetLocalPlayer to avoid desync's, not entirely sure.

Level 17
I think I prefer the idea of having two seperate multiboard's that switch... I think I was thinking of when I had seen multiple timer windows. Thanks for the help :)

example i dont change fast, so can recreate a existing one, like u have a multiboard and need another then reset the cloumn and rows and titles etc to same multiboard this mainly if u dont switch too often, need only 1 variable for multiboard not 2 :)

Level 29
Creating rows and adding them to a multiboard can have problems. You can only increase one row at a time then refresh then increase again. ( small bug with them.)

Having 2 multiboards and switch them by hiding / unhiding is a lot easier.
You can do this several different ways.
have 1 ability to click that will switch the multiboards.
have 1 unit to click that causes the multiboard to switch.
Have a different string entered in chat to show a multiboard.
Have the same string to show one multiboard and hide the other.

Also note that multiboards when using show / hide will show that multiboard to all players. You can use GetLocalPlayer block to allow the player to see the multiboard that they want to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.