• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How do I display a message to one player only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
actually doing exactly that will result into messaging everyone in the same playergroup as the player I want to write the text.

Level 5
> will result into messaging everyone in the same playergroup
Nah not really.
Actually the above triggers are the way to go.

This is another variation:
Code:
 Set TempPlayerGroup = (Player group(Owner of (Triggering unit)))
 Game - Display to TempPlayerGroup the text: Your Message
 Custom script: call DestroyForce(udg_TempPlayerGroup)

You can try it to confirm yourself:
Code:
 Set TempPlayerGroup = (Player group(Player 12))
 Game - Display to TempPlayerGroup the text: Your Message
 Custom script: call DestroyForce(udg_TempPlayerGroup)
You won't see the message.

Level 18
actually doing exactly that will result into messaging everyone in the same playergroup as the player I want to write the text.

I don't understand.
How would this message every player in the player group?
Because here I have set only 1 player into player group and in Display Message action refered to that variable which points to only 1 player.

If I have set "all players" into that player group, then it would result into messaging every player because the variable picked up all players.

Level 4
well, I don't know why but it doesn't work. I tried that the first thing and yet it's no go :(
thanks for your help anyway, I believe you, I guess I somehow managed to damage something.

Level 29
Level 4
i reinstalled W3,opened the map, changed nothing and it works :) you were right again. Thank you for your help, it is nice to have a place where i can seek help and actualy receive it. You guys are fine people.

Status
Not open for further replies.