• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] Help me with this please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
  • Untitled Trigger 002
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Your_Ability
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • Temp_Integer Equal to 0
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Remove Your_Ability from (Triggering unit)
          • Unit - Add Your_Ability to (Triggering unit)
          • Set Temp_Integer = 1
        • Else - Actions
          • Set Temp_Integer = 0
I think this should work, i didn't test this trigger

Level 18
  • Untitled Trigger 002
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
        • Then - Actions
          • Set Temp_Integer = 1
        • Else - Actions
          • Set Temp_Integer = 0

I think you should add wait because this may remove the ability before it's even executed or something.

Level 9
  • Untitled Trigger 002
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
        • Then - Actions
          • Set Temp_Integer = 1
        • Else - Actions
          • Set Temp_Integer = 0

So did you mean if the Temp_Integer equal to 0 then remove ability and add the same ability ? then set it to 1, but how to set it to 0 again when the new ability start cooldown? Will this trigger make the ability to triggered again? Like you casts x ability then give x(2) ability<--- its same ability as x ability. And when you casts x(2) ability, will the trigger make x(2) ability remove and add x(3) ability again into it?

Sorry i dont know how to explain ==

Level 11
So did you mean if the Temp_Integer equal to 0 then remove ability and add the same ability ? then set it to 1, but how to set it to 0 again when the new ability start cooldown? Will this trigger make the ability to triggered again? Like you casts x ability then give x(2) ability<--- its same ability as x ability. And when you casts x(2) ability, will the trigger make x(2) ability remove and add x(3) ability again into it?

Sorry i dont know how to explain ==

When a unit cast the spell, since Temp_Integer is 0, so will execute (Then - Actions), when the unit cast 2nd time, since temp_integer is 1, it will execute (Else - Actions) and didn't remove the ability, so the unit ability will remain cooldown and next time he cast will again activate (Then - Actions) and keep repeating. This make the unit constantly cast 2nd time (doesn't matter time) to make the ability cooldown.

And yes, its the same ability.

I think you should add wait because this may remove the ability before it's even executed or something.

Not too sure what you mean.. but since the event is (A unit starts the effect of an ability) , so the ability will still fire and soon got remove and replace.

Status
Not open for further replies.